Sr. Manager, API System Team
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Discover is looking for an individual to manage a team of experienced engineers that are driving the company’s internal and external API platforms. This person will work as a part of Enterprise Architecture leadership to build highly energized and efficient teams to drive and evolve technology solutions that enable the internal development community at Discover.
- Establish and set open and collaborative culture within the team
- Identify team hiring needs and build a team of diverse and energized individuals
- Coaches and mentors team members. Supports individuals to achieve their individual development goals. Utilizes Agile and Lean practices to identify and solve systemic issues.
- Seeks out systemic issues and team challenges and drives resolution across a diverse number of dimensions related to team delivery and support processes.
- Operational accountability for solutions, working with team to identify and close gaps in solution and process working and aligning with enterprise change and support processes
- Consults with management in the analysis of short- and long-range business requirements and recommends innovations.
- Utilizes tools to support data-driven decision making. Identifies and removes blockers to enable the team to meet business goals.
- Manages software ownership and development from initial concept through continuous improvement.
- Responsible for the application ownership, development delivery, and support for value streams. Manages a team, including hiring, directing, mentoring, and assigning work.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 8+ years of experience in Application Development
- 2+ years of experience in supervising
If we had our say, we’d also look for
- Basic/Good understanding of leading technologies and concepts related to cloud technologies: Jenkins, Github, Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, Docker, languages: java, python, node, High availability strategies
- Ability to see long term vision, impacts and identify short term actions that enable the team to achieve goals
- Agile, Scrum Master
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.