Sr. Manager - Automation at Peapod Digital Labs
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Browse the Aisles-
Senior Manager of Automation will serve as a senior leader within Peapod Digital Labs DevOps & Technology Innovation team. This role is an experienced technologist and strategic partner to the application development, operations, quality, security, and infrastructure teams. Senior Manager of Automation will have a deep understanding of how applications function and are able to build tools for improving quality and high degree of operational reliability. Understands automation and how it is best applied to reach a continuous delivery goal. This role will be working on longer-term engagements with DevOps, SRE, Quality Engineering, and Application Development teams for developing automated solutions to provide DevOps as a Service, Testing as a Service, Security as a Service with intent of deprecating any manual steps in software delivery lifecycle. This role will be responsible for developing solutions to fully automate any manual tasks within PDL.
Recipe for Success - What's "in store" for the role
- Build tools to help teams to utilize fully automated, self-service, highly scalable, cost-efficient, observable, auditable and reliable infrastructure, continuous delivery, environments and analytics services as standard practice.
- Drive the execution of this roadmap across the engineering teams, collaborating with SREs, Quality, and application development engineers across teams while also performing hands-on work on the most critical challenges
- Build automated solutions for reducing manual efforts for teams planning and implementing large migrations, service-oriented architecture, broad architectural shifts, and capacity growth.
- Develop solutions to enable a metrics-driven operational culture standardizing our monitoring, alerting, logging as a service
- Develop automated test frameworks to augment existing test automation solutions
- Develop automated test data management solutions and frameworks
- Develop automated test environment management solutions and frameworks
- Develop automated performance testing solutions and frameworks
- Make iterative improvements to our SDLC process by developing scalable solutions that will automate heavily manual tasks across app dev, DevOps, data, security, operations, and quality.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- You have proven experience (10+ years) demonstrating hands-on technical leadership and business impact in combining software engineering skills with systems engineering skills to solve complex automation and reliability challenges.
- You have deep technical experience with various cloud providers, containerization technologies, automated deployment frameworks, orchestration frameworks, monitoring, logging, alerting, system internals, networking, databases, distributed systems, and service-oriented architecture.
- You have the skills to implement load, stress, performance and reliability testing standards at scale to improve service, platform and infrastructure resiliency
- You promote openness, diversity of opinions and inclusive discussions at all times to evaluate a wide variety of ideas and perspectives in solving challenging problems
- You demonstrate clear decision making and good trade-offs in complex situations comprising multiple opinions, needs, teams, technologies, cloud providers, and architectural settings
- You communicate effectively with stakeholders ranging from executives to junior engineers across the breadth and depth of the engineering organization
- You exemplify high accountability, integrity, and resilience to maintain focus on both big-picture goals and milestones to get there
- You enable the engineering organization to innovate and deliver with greater speed and safety
- Experience with Jenkins, Terraform, SALT, Kubernetes (AKS), Azure, VMWare, Splunk, Docker, Python, Bitbucket, SonarQube or similar tools.
- Strong knowledge of ReactJS, VueJS, Java, Python, Cloud Platform, Docker, PostgreSQL, Kotlin, SQL, AngularJS, Pentaho, Informix
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Eagerness to learn and work outside your technology comfort zone
- Ability to be self-motivated, independent, and detail-oriented
- Follow the Agile (more specifically Scrum) working methodologies
- Collaborate with team members from Product, Development, QA, Security and Ops
- Focus on making yourself and those around you great
- Motivation with an emphasis on team performance
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.