Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers over 6 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 400 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $500 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-20, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
At Zoro, you will lead Zoro’s DevSecOps team ensuring continuous development at a high velocity. You will do this through automation, self-service, and enabling product team autonomy in a polyglot, heterogeneous environment. Not only will you be leading a team of life-long learners, who are committed to continuous, never-ending improvement, but you’ll also be working with leaders at all levels across the organization to help tackle our organization’s toughest technical problems and drive technical excellence at all levels. The team has a significant input and ownership around technology decisions, day-to-day operations and overall success of our business.
The Sr. Manager, DevSecOps, is a person who cares deeply about the technical side of operations and working with senior management to support execution of the organization's vision including scaling the Zoro business through rapid, secure, predictable deployment of new software and new capabilities. This role will be a leader, manager, mentor, and evangelist for the automation of all facets of software creation and software operations within the Zoro Technology Group. Accountable for defining, communicating and implementing Zoro’s DevSecOps vision and strategy.
What You’ll Do
- Manage and appropriately escalate delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes associated to the business initiatives.
- Work with business stakeholders, Engineering leadership, and Architects to drive holistic technology implementation across product teams.
- Consult with management in the analysis of short- and long-range business requirements, and recommend innovations.
- Be an advocate for security and compliance in the organization. Continuously adhere to compliance frameworks (PCI, SOX, SOC 2, etc.).
- Drive adoption of CI/CD, deployment automation, and release engineering standard methodologies.
- Provide process improvement recommendations based on best practices and industry standards.
- Listen to and support teams in problem-identification and decision-making. Create an environment of mutual influence; persuade rather than use authority.
- Drive the DevSecOps roadmap and vision; maintain accurate program estimates, timelines, project plans, and status reports.
- Perform or direct research on industry trends, competitors, business and technology products; analyze trends and make strategic and tactical recommendations.
- Advocate for the team and promote their successes, celebrate their failures, and share key learnings throughout the organization.
- Coach and mentor team members. Support individuals to achieve their individual development goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in OMIS, MIS, CIS, CS or equivalent related experience.
- 8+ years’ experience across the entire SDLC, including CI/CD tools with configuration and release management, deployments, and troubleshooting in cloud environments.
- Subject matter expert of the DevOps/SRE culture, principles and DevOps/SRE frameworks.
- An enjoyment of technical challenges and eagerness to explore new approaches.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical issues and status to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent communication, and documentation skills leveraging the Atlassian Stack (JIRA, Confluence).
- Strong hands-on technical experience, knowledge, and understanding of:
- Commonly used managed services in cloud-native environments with a knowledge of their CLIs.
- Scripting technologies and modern programming languages.
- Git and Git workflows.
- Configuration management, deployment, automation, and monitoring tools.
- Docker, Kubernetes, and containerization tools.
- Relational and NoSQL databases.
- IP networking, VPNs, VPCs, DNS, load balancers, security groups, and firewalls.
We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.