Sr Mgr, Quality Engineering, Zoro at Zoro
Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers over 6 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 400 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $500 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-20, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
The Senior Manager, Quality Engineering is responsible for software quality assurance operations, compliance, and quality control activities. This position is responsible for the strategic leadership and successful implementation, execution, and maintenance of quality systems following Zoro’s business strategy.
This position’s primary focus is to provide the Quality Engineering (QE) Team with expertise and thought leadership on the design, development, and execution of Zoro technical testing solutions.
This position reports directly to the Sr. Director, Technology Operations. He/she will play a pivotal role in the effective execution of data quality engineering efforts for all IT department technical development activities.
- Provide direct and ongoing leadership for a team of individual contributors designing and implementing data quality engineering and test processes.
- Manage deliverables and schedules for multiple ongoing projects ensuring that goals, objectives, and timelines support program and organizational roadmaps.
- Communicate project status and escalate issues to direct manager, product owners, project managers, scrum masters, and internal and external development partners.
- Support the team in developing the automation program’s advancement by assisting with strategy, tool selection, obtaining training time and funds, and educating the business on test automation benefits.
- Integrate data quality engineering processes with monitoring to ensure continuous feedback of data quality.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and reduce the risk of all activities related to Zoro IT software products.
- Ensure the completion of testing documentation, test case writing, and bug tracking standards and procedures following Zoro standards.
- Assess each Zoro IT deliverable for possible risk and testing needs. Develop strategies for each deliverable to drive and improve the release process to include automated builds and tests.
- Work with QE team members to develop standards for strategy and approach of ongoing Zoro IT QE deliverables.
- Support the architects, product owners, designers, and scrum masters by creating data testing strategies that support the needs of the business.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Designers, Developers, and QE to drive the execution of projects, and ensure work is on-time and developed in-line with Zoro’s overall architectural vision.
- Assist Product Owners and Project Managers in tracking and responding to relevant business questions and issues.
- Lead Data Quality Engineers and provide testing assistance as needed.
- BS/MS degree in a technical or engineering field, Computer Science/Computer Engineering preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of software development and data quality engineering experience.
- 2+ years of people management as a team lead or manager.
- Proven work experience in software development, quality assurance, and test automation.
- ETL (extract, transform, load) development experience.
- Data quality assurance experience.
- Data quality automation experience.
- End-to-end testing experience across a cross-functional systems landscape.
- Strong knowledge of software development and testing methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- eCommerce experience is a must.
- Knowledge of and experience with agile software development methodologies.
- Actively stays up-to-date on current technologies, including front-end and back-end development and testing platforms, database systems, virtual and cloud platforms, automation tools, web services, and data processing.
- Jira Confluence
We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.