The Sr. Software Engineer will report to the Manager, Software Engineering in our downtown Chicago IL headquarters. This role contributes to the Engineering of large scale solutions that enable Echo's business while supporting the strategic architectural vision of quality, scalability, performance and function. The Sr. Software Engineer is an active member on a dynamic team looking build Best in Class software. The ideal candidate for this role not only is able to produce high quality work quickly, but also serves as a resource to their peers around them and provides mentoring whenever possible.
We are looking for a Senior-level Xamarin / Mobile Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include implementing visual elements and their behaviors with user interactions. You will work with both front-end and back-end web developers to build all client-side logic. You will also be bridging the gap between the visual elements and the server-side infrastructure, taking an active role on both sides, and defining how the application looks and functions.
- Active member of a product team that solves complex challenges and builds complex multi-layered mobile applications targeting multiple platforms
- Develop complex, high-fidelity UI, matching approved designs as closely as possible
- Collaborate with designers on building technically feasible mobile UI
- Collaborate with back-end developers internally and client-side on integrating APIs
- Provide accurate time-estimates
- Produces high quality code that's ready to use quickly
- Resolves defects in a timely and effective manner
- Identify and execute on areas of code improvement and reusability within projects
- Raises / resolves issues effectively
- Staying abreast of changes in relevant technologies in the mobile space
- 4+ years of experience developing iOS and Android mobile apps
- 4+ years of experience developing and maintaining Xamarin applications (Xamarin Studio and/or Xamarin for Visual Studio)
- Must have 5+ years minimum experience in C#
- Must have experience with Xamarin.iOS, Xamarin.Android, and Xamarin Forms (including XAML)
- Must have 5+ years minimum experience in Microsoft technologies including:
- .NET Standard (or .NET Core), ASP.NET MVC, Web API, LINQ, SQL Server and Visual Studio
- Experience with SOAP/REST services integration in mobile clients
- Intermediate knowledge of MVC, MVVM, and other software design patterns
- Experience in unit testing (e.g. NUnit/XUnit) and IoC frameworks (e.g. Autofac/Unity)
- Intermediate level knowledge on the iOS and Android SDKs and native tooling
- Basic knowledge of the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, including store policies, publishing, deployments, and provisioning
- Must have experience with GIT source code control
- Experience creating custom controls, animations and graphically rich applications
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills, and the ability to learn and apply new ideas quickly
- Experience with CI and deployments via Microsoft AppCenter a plus
- Experience working in a cloud-hybrid environment or AWS is a plus
- Mentor and train junior developers
- Off-hours support may be needed at times
What's in it for you?
- Help career growth by joining industry leader and established product team with newly integrated and focused User Experience process
- Working with an organization with defined market goals, products, customers, revenue, and development teams
- Experienced mentors to learn and adopt new practices
- Ability to introduce your own views and takes on the products
- See the path from the genesis of a product through idea life-cycle and retirement of a product
- Ability to live with your design and what customers think of the product
Work environment/physical demands summary:
job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other
office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.