Sr. QA Engineer
Kenna Security is revolutionizing cyber risk with a SaaS-based platform that uses data science to combine vulnerability data with exploit intelligence to measure risk, predict attacks and prioritize remediation. We are leading the way in helping Enterprises to reduce their risk while increasing their efficiency and preventing attacks.
We are a venture-backed startup in Chicago, and we are looking for smart engineers to join our
team. This is an opportunity with a healthy amount of equity and the chance to have a
significant impact on technical process and engineering culture. We’re looking for well-rounded
engineers with specific quality testing, automation and preferably containerization experience.
This position is an opportunity for an engineer to take ownership of platform quality as the first dedicated QA Engineer in our SRE / Systems team. In particular, this position offers the chance to tackle and own the testing of infrastructure quality for our vulnerability prioritization software as a service platform.
- End to end testing of our primary application.
- Performance modeling / stress testing.
- Building and maintaining a suite of innovative automation tools focused round the containerization of new services.
- Functional, regression and usability testing.
- Threat modeling and security testing.
- Data anomaly detection.
- Monitoring, logging and alerting around production hardware and platform activity.
- Experience working in small teams with a great deal of autonomy.
- An understanding of the pace of a startup (and the excitement to jump into it).
- Experience with some or similar of: Ruby, Ansible, Molecule, Docker, Rails, Capybara, Rspec, Datadog, Honeybadger
- Experience with UNIX-based operating systems.
- Desire to lead and build QA processes in a team that doesn't currently have a formal process.
- Ability to articulate and communicate bug/feature details and steps to reproduce at length.
- Experience organizing and working with a project management tool such as Jira.
- Experience with building and testing reliable applications on cloud and service-based architectures.
- Knowledge of large scale performance testing in a SaaS environment.
- Experience communicating with stakeholders in the lifecycle of a technology product or project.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Read Full Job Description