Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Software Enterprise Deployment and Integration team is the team that delivers solutions to the public safety sector. We are committed to providing technology and tools which will allow customers to focus on their mission, and enable them to respond faster with smarter and safer decisions. We deploy and support products such as Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management Systems, Jail Management Systems and Mobile Data Computing, among other offerings.
- Designs and installs quality control processes, procedures, tools, and statistical techniques.
- Designs and/or specifies quality control sampling and testing procedures.
- Formulates quality control policies and procedures in conjunction with other engineering disciplines, operations, and suppliers and analyzes the economic impact of any quality control process proposed.
- Assesses customer and business impact from product quality issues, communicates issue globally, and drives supporting teams for issue resolution.
- Analyzes production, supplier, and fulfillment standards and limitations, and recommends process improvements.
- Focuses on standards, methods and procedures rather than with testing devices and equipment used to check products.
- Qualifies components and works with suppliers to ensure repeatable robust processes are in place to maintain quality control and prevent future defects.
- Analyzes material failures to determine rootcause, generates failure analysis reports, and works in conjunction with engineering and suppliers to implement corrective actions.
- Proficiency in understanding and applying quality tools (e.g. FMEA, Structured Problem Solving)
- Skilled in the application of statistical methods (e.g. comparative analysis, ANOVA, sampling plans).
- Excellent analytical/problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related discipline
- 5+ years of recent experience in quality assurance related work
- Minimum of 10 years project management experience in telephony and telecommunications, CTI experience desirable
- Minimum of 10 years project management experience in a high tech environment
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.