Sr. Research Analyst
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
We want you to enjoy where you work, who you work with and what you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
As a Sr. Research Analyst, you will work closely with business units and engineering teams to cultivate a deep understanding of the ever-evolving systems, processes, and most importantly, data upon which our business runs. You will use this understanding to transform our data and big data into supporting data structures, metrics, statistical models, and ad hoc analysis providing actionable insights to inform and improve decision-making at all levels of the business.
- Support company growth through a combination of statistical modeling, data mining, and other data science methodologies
- Partner with product managers to ideate and research new business improving topics
- Build and deploy new models to provide insights to internal business units
- Outwardly communicate findings to entire Grubhub organization
You Should Have
- 4+ years of working experience.
- Intellectual and analytical curiosity – initiative to dig into the "why" of various results.
- High-level proficiency with SQL based query languages and relational data concepts is a must.
- Solid understanding of online analytics metrics and related statistical concepts.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis tools such as R, scikit-learn, SAS, or SPSS is a must.
- Experience with developing and tuning machine learning models is a must.
- Experience with Python or Scala for sourcing, manipulating, and analyzing data is a must.
- Desire to learn new technologies and grow analytical skill set.
- Excellent communication skills – requires confidence in communicating complex test result findings and recommendations persuasively, in a compelling and easy to understand manner.
- Experience using git
Got these? Even Better:
- Understanding/familiarity with big data pipelines and flows.
- Experience working with big data e.g. Hadoop/Hive/Spark.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.