About Chowly, Inc.
Chowly is on a mission to simplify restaurant technology. We believe that all systems should communicate with the “brain” of the restaurant, the Point-of-Sale System. Currently, Chowly integrates Third-Party Delivery Orders (TOOS) to the POS system in the restaurant. Third-Party Delivery platforms such as UberEats, Doordash and many more, are growing at a rapid rate in the restaurant space with projected revenue totals of $73 billion dollars by 2020. Instead of restaurant employees manually entering delivery orders from one to twelve tablets around the POS, Chowly, automatically confirms delivery orders, integrates those orders into the POS system and sends them directly to kitchen printers all within 15 seconds of a customer placing an order. Chowly, the market leader in the TOOS to POS integration space, currently helps restaurants streamline the delivery process and simplify technology in over 200 cities across the US, Canada and Mexico
Chowly Inc. is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Senior Ruby Developer to join our team. As an integral part of an agile, close-knit development team, you will create world-class web applications to help restaurant owners and internal staff expedite online order processing accurately and provide them with real-time reporting in a distributed, multi-platform, enterprise environment.
We are rapidly growing and creating new innovations. You will have the opportunity to contribute to product development as well as team and process growth. To thrive in this role you will need to be an excellent communicator, self starter and a team leader.
Who You Are
- You are a sharp developer at ease with both front- and back-end tasks with strong problem solving skills.
- You are detail-oriented, enthusiastic and passionate about development.
- You can grasp tough issues quickly and deliver well-engineered, high-quality solutions
- You enjoy creating new solutions and seeing them through to Production
- You enjoy being respected, supported, and playing a critical role on a balanced team that has the autonomy and space to do things the right way
- You are a strong team player, leader by example, a critical thinker, a clear communicator, and mentor
- Evolve existing web applications to improve scalability, performance, and security.
- Lead new product development when needed.
- Design simple and elegant user experience.
- Work collaboratively with the project team(s) to turn product ideas into great software.
- Champion product, quality, and process improvements.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance to forge testable, performant, robust software.
- Troubleshoot issues with technical support to resolve customer issues.
- Minimum of 5 years experience developing and maintaining enterprise software.
- Expert knowledge of Ruby, Ruby on Rails, and advanced server-side development skills.
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs and its architecture.
- Development experience with contemporary databases; any of Postgres, MySQL, MS-SQL and Mongo DB.
- Ability and discipline required to write good unit tests
- Experience working on a small, agile team using version control, a bug tracking system, etc.
- Willingness to work with equal enthusiasm in the full stack from the web client to the back end.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and are an equal opportunity employer. Benefits include:
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO) days to be used at employee’s discretion
- Flexible work schedules
- $105 in Commuter Benefits a month
- $70 Health and Wellness Credit a month
- Health and dental insurance, and vision plan
- Dress in casual attire and work in a modern, comfortable office.
- Working with an awesome development and operations team.
- The ability to help shape a young company and product that is hungry for your skillset.