Sr. Ruby Engineer (Backend) at Clearcover
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What will you do as a Sr. Ruby Engineer?
- Design, build and maintain our backend Ruby on Rails application
- Own features end to end while working with your scrum team to ensure success
- Collaborate with the scrum team to solve problems ranging from scalability and performance to architecture and feature development
- Scale, extend, and maintain our cross-functional APIs
What do you have as a Sr. Ruby Engineer?
- Fluency in Ruby/Ruby on Rails and RSpec or similar testing frameworks
- High standards for quality and attention to detail
- A holistic understanding of the full development lifecycle
- The ability to handle ambiguity and transform it into robust software
What other skills will help besides Ruby?
- Fluency in Typescript, Python, Scala and/or Kotlin
- Experience with application performance monitoring
- Experience with scrum fundamentals
- Experience with and the desire to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team