Sr. Security Sales Engineer
About the Company:
At OneSpan, you’ll be part of a team that is trusted by more than 10,000 organizations around the world to safeguard their customers against cyber-crime and fraud, and deliver exceptional digital experiences that build lasting customer loyalty. Your contribution will help us to push the boundaries of what’s possible to improve the security and lives of millions of people around the world. In short, what you do here matters. We offer the best of both worlds – a solid foundation that only an established global enterprise can provide, with the energy and creativity of an innovative start-up. In every role at OneSpan, you’ll contribute to the success of the most advanced security and e-signature technologies, and have opportunities to grow.
OneSpan offers the opportunity to work as part of a dynamic team in a growing market. Key strategic initiatives and business opportunities will be a regular part of the day-to-day experience with OneSpan, and offers the ideal candidate the opportunity to both contribute and grow in experience with state-of-the-art technologies while working with market leading industry innovators and customers.
The key role of the Security Sales Engineer is to engage OneSpan customer technical and business counterparts, and to leverage this relationship to overcome technical sales objections for the purpose of helping the OneSpan sales team close new and repeated sales and business opportunities. Typical customer projects are multi-faceted, and often include aspects of mobile application development, internet technologies, and web-services development, as well as product-focused offerings of customizable mobile applications, multi-factor authentication hardware, and server-side security software technologies.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Leverage technical knowledge and experience to strategize with the sales and technical account management team in order to determine best course of action related to winning specific sales opportunities
- Research current technology trends as well as specific technologies involved with current sales opportunities in order to quickly gain understanding and proficiency
- Deliver technical presentations on ONESPAN products, as well as market technology and trends to ONESPAN customers, partners, and internal employees.
- Engage technical and business counterparts to overcome technical objections to adoption of ONESPAN products and services. In some cases, performing demonstrations, training, proof-of-concept, and product trials in order to gain traction for larger business opportunities.
- Efficiently gather and document technical project requirements for handoff to ONESPAN order management and professional services teams.
- Be willing to travel ~50%(depending on when sales executives need you)
- 5+ years’ experience as a pre-sales engineer, including 2+ years in the security arena
- Knowledge of network and online security protocols and authentication methodologies
- Software installation and configuration
- Mobile development and/or mobile security experience
- Technical Presentation, Proof Of Concept, and RFP developments
- Computer programming skills in one or more languages (java, C#/.NET, C++)
- SaaS and Cloud technology
- Database and directory knowledge (SQL, LDAP, etc.)
- Computer networking (IP, routing, firewalls, etc.)
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineer, computer science, or other technical discipline or equivalent experience is desired.