Daxko’s mission is to power health and wellness throughout the world. We provide solutions, services, and insights for the health and wellness industry to engage members, deliver delightful experiences, and improve the businesses we serve.Job Description
Daxko’s Senior Site Reliability Engineer is a role for the motivated coder/hacker/engineer that wants to solve problems at the root cause, in an elegant and sustainable way. You'll be an instrumental part of our TechOps team which exists to build and support the foundational tools that our product teams use to build products our customers love and trust. We care deeply about our delivery pipeline being simple, reliable, consistent, and fast. You'll be successful in this role if you have a deep love for automation, building scalable systems, embracing new technologies, and sharing with teammates.
*Position open to our campuses in Birmingham, AL; Chicago, IL; Bannockburn, IL; Highlands Ranch, CO; or Remotely within the United States.
- Supporting all Daxko software offerings and integrated third-party tools
- Collaborating on cases escalated to TechOps Support and building long-term solutions for recurring cases with automatable solutions.
- Identifying and resolving technical debt items that, if resolved, could make other engineers more efficient.
- Coordinating with agile development teams, DBAs, implementation, and support to ensure the production environment is healthy and stable
- Identifying repetitive tasks and automating them (spinning up new environments, deployments, etc)
- Building, supporting and administering all aspects of Daxko's continuous product delivery pipeline
- Working with core components such as load balancers, firewalls, etc.
- Making it painless for product teams to develop, test, deploy and monitor by providing clear, documented frameworks around our operational systems
- Executing our disaster recovery plan; ensuring it is up-to-date and thoroughly tested
- Mentoring team members as a subject-matter expert
- Monitoring system activity 24x7 as part of an on-call rotation
- Troubleshooting system jobs and services that fail and working with core development teams as needed to ensure operational stability and efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline OR equivalent experience
- Advanced understanding of Linux, networking, and Internet principles
- Extensive experience with automation tools such as Terraform, Chef, or Ansible
- Scripting experience with the following languages: Python, Ruby, Bash
- Fantastic attention to detail
- Experience with modern git repo technologies (GitHub, BitBucket, GitLab)
- Experience with CI/CD technologies (Jenkins, GitLab CI)
- Experience with virtualization and cloud technologies (VMWare, AWS)
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure
- Effective interpersonal skills (written and oral) and the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of staff levels
- Experience with Containers and Orchastration (Docker, K8s, Rancher, AKS, ECS)
- Understanding of internet technologies (DNS, SNMP, HTTP, TCP/IP, CDNs)
- Experience with Monitoring Technologies (Logicmonitor, Instana, NewRelic, Rapid7, CloudPassage, etc.)
- Experience working tickets and managing priorities within issue tracking systems (Jira, etc.)
- Experience with modern web technologies (HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, JQuery, etc)
- Experience developing or supporting C#, Java or Php applications
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible paid time off
- Affordable health insurance options
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- Casual work environment
- Plenty of free food and caffeine
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Daxko is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity in the broadest sense, including thought and perspective, age, ability, nationality, ethnicity, orientation, and gender. The skills, perspectives, ideas, and experiences of all of our team members contribute to the vitality and success of our purpose and values.