Sr. Site Reliability Engineer at OppLoans
As a Sr. Site Reliability Engineer, you will be an integral member of a dynamic team continuously improving our AWS cloud deployment platform, “automating all the things”, in support of our rapidly expanding product portfolio.
- Lead small-team initiatives to continuously refine our AWS deployment practices for improved reliability, repeatability, and security. You’ll create plans, collaborate with other DevOps team members, and coordinate with development and business teams. These high-visibility initiatives will help to increase service levels, lower costs, and deliver features more quickly.
- Write code and scripts to automate the provisioning of AWS services and to configure services, using tools and languages including AWS CLI / API, Terraform, Ansible, Python, Bash, and Git.
- Design effective monitoring / alerting (for conditions such as application-errors, high memory usage) and log aggregation approaches (to quickly access logs for troubleshooting, or generate reports for trend analysis) to proactively notify business stakeholders of issues and communicate metrics, working closely with these stakeholders, using tools including AWS CloudWatch, Sumologic, New Relic.
- Configure build pipelines to support automated testing and deployments using tools including Jenkins, AWS CodeDeploy. You’ll configure these pipelines for specific products and help optimize them for performance and scalability.
- Help refine DevSecOps security practices (including regular security patching, minimum-permissions accounts and policies, encrypt-everything) in compliance with government and other standards regulations (such as PCI-DSS), implement, and verify them, using tools including Tenable, VeraCode to analyze and verify compliance.
- Clearly document and diagram deployment-specific aspects of architectures and environments, working closely with Software Engineers, Software Engineers in Test, and others in DevOps.
- Troubleshoot issues in production and other environments, applying debugging and problem-solving techniques (e.g., log analysis, non-invasive tests) , working closely with Development, QE teams.
- Suggest deployment patterns & practices improvements based on learnings from past deployments and production issues, collaborate with DevOps team to implement these.
- Promote a DevOps culture, including building relationships with other technical and business teams.
- A strong understanding of Linux administration including Bash scripting
- Networking expertise including VPCs, SDNs (e.g., Amazon / Azure) / VLANs, routers and firewalls
- Familiarity with at least one IAC / CM tool such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Familiarity with at least one code build / deploy tool such as Jenkins, AWS CodeBuild / CodeDeploy
- A bachelor's degree in science, technology, engineering, or a similar field is required.
- AWS administration experience / training including provisioning EC2 instances, VPCs, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda functions, RDS databases, S3 storage, IAM security, ECS containers, Cloudwatch metrics & logs
- Experience developing and / or deploying serverless functions using AWS Lambda, Azure Functions, or Google Cloud Functions
- Experience developing and / or deploying Docker Containers on ECS or Kubernetes
- Experience with SQL, using RDS-PostgreSQL or other DBMS
- Experience with monitoring / alerting tools such as New Relic, Grafana, Prometheus, Sysdig
- Experience with log aggregation tools such as Sumologic, FluentD, ELK, Splunk
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. In 2019, we were named the 4th fastest growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business, received the 86th spot on the Deloitte Fast 500, and are named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google and the BBB! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation (FinX).
BenefitsOppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you grow your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships & ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millenium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.