Sr. Site Reliability Engineer
Strong Growth and Profitability
OppLoans has grown 1,500 percent over the last three years, with 2018 marking the third year in a row we made the Inc. 500. We have originated hundreds of thousands of loans and will surpass $125 million of annual revenue in 2018. In 2019, we’re projected to exceed $200 million, all while maintaining strong profitability.
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our borrowers are saying on Google and the BBB!
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and generous benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the happiest offices in the country. We were recently named the 3rd fastest-growing startup by Built In Chicago and are looking to hire 100 new employees in 2019. In 2018, Glassdoor named us the 6th best place to work in the nation. Check out our reviews to see why our employees love us!
Mid - Senior
- Lead small-team initiatives to continuously refine our AWS deployment practices for improved reliability, repeatability and security. You’ll create plans, collaborate with other DevOps team members, and coordinate with development and business teams. These high-visibility initiatives will help to increase service levels, lower costs, and deliver features more quickly.
- Write code and scripts to automate provisioning of AWS services and to configure services, using tools and languages including AWS CLI / API, Terraform, Ansible, Python, Bash, and Git.
- Design effective monitoring / alerting (for conditions such as application-errors, high memory usage) and log aggregation approaches (to quickly access logs for troubleshooting, or generate reports for trend analysis) to proactively notify business stakeholders of issues and communicate metrics, working closely with these stakeholders, using tools including AWS CloudWatch, Sumologic, New Relic.
- Configure build pipelines to support automated testing and deployments using tools including Jenkins, AWS CodeDeploy. You’ll configure these pipelines for specific products and help optimize them for performance and scalability.
- Help refine DevSecOps security practices (including regular security patching, minimum-permissions accounts and policies, encrypt-everything) in compliance with government and other standards regulations (such as PCI-DSS), implement, and verify them, using tools including Tenable, VeraCode to analyze and verify compliance.
- Clearly document and diagram deployment-specific aspects of architectures and environments, working closely with Software Engineers, Software Engineers in Test, and others in DevOps.
- Troubleshoot issues in production and other environments, applying debugging and problem-solving techniques (e.g., log analysis, non-invasive tests) , working closely with Development, QE teams.
- Suggest deployment patterns & practices improvements based on learnings from past deployments and production issues, collaborate with DevOps team to implement these.
- Promote a DevOps culture, including building relationships with other technical and business teams.
- A strong understanding of Linux administration including Bash scripting
- Networking expertise including VPCs, SDNs (e.g., Amazon / Azure) / VLANs, routers and firewalls
- Familiarity with at least one IAC / CM tool such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Familiarity with at least one code build / deploy tool such as Jenkins, AWS CodeBuild / CodeDeploy
- A bachelor's degree in science, technology, engineering, or a similar field is required.
- AWS administration experience / training including provisioning EC2 instances, VPCs, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda functions, RDS databases, S3 storage, IAM security, ECS containers, Cloudwatch metrics & logs
- Experience developing and / or deploying serverless functions using AWS Lambda, Azure Functions, or Google Cloud Functions
- Experience developing and / or deploying Docker Containers on ECS or Kubernetes
- Experience with SQL, using RDS-PostgreSQL or other DBMS
- Experience with monitoring / alerting tools such as New Relic, Grafana, Prometheus, Sysdig
- Experience with log aggregation tools such as Sumologic, FluentD, ELK, Splunk
Competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks & drinks available.
- Subsidized daily lunches.
- CTA & Metra benefit program.
- Free gym membership.
- Free shuttle passes to Metra stations.
- Casual dress policy.
- Discounted Divvy memberships.
- 401(k) match program.
- Free OppLoans apparel.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Fun, fast-paced work environment.
- Employee and peer recognition program.
- Dynamic start-up culture and environment.
- Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company.
- Flexible paid vacation policy.
- Free health benefit options.
- Intramural sports leagues.
- Weekly office events (happy hours, massages, game nights, private yoga sessions, catered
- breakfasts, etc.).
- Dual monitors and stand-up work stations.
- Convenient downtown Chicago office located in the heart of the city.
- Awesome panoramic office view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.
- Equal opportunity employer.