Sr. Software Developer - Java at GiveSmart by Community Brands
Position at Community Brands
Community Brands is a software company that helps organizations achieve social good. Through our technology, we assist more than 100,000 associations, nonprofits, K-12 schools, faith-based organizations, and partners grow stronger and achieve their missions. Like our clients, our nearly 2,800 employees strive to improve the world in which they live, and we believe that technology plays an important role in that. We are techies and volunteers who dream big and are motivated by more than just a cool job (though that’s a great perk). The Community Brands culture is one where employees can pursue this passion as part of their profession, and we’re looking for great employees to join us!
Would you like the opportunity to use your skills to help nonprofits achieve their mission? Looking to join a collaborative team where you can take the lead in designing, building and scaling a tech platform that is already making a huge impact at fundraising events across the country? Do you value the flexibility of work-from-home days and a supportive workplace environment?
GiveSmart by Community Brands is the leading tech platform for helping nonprofits raise money at events. We believe technology plays an important role in helping organizations achieve social good. Our culture is one where employees can pursue this passion as part of their profession!
GiveSmart is seeking Java developers to join our small, but dedicated team. Our agile workflow is designed to help our Software Developers take ownership of solutions they build by working collaboratively with stakeholders across our company. Being test-driven since day one, we have built-in confidence in the reliability of our platform as we continue to grow.
We're looking for someone who
- Enjoys collaborating and mentoring in a team environment
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Has strong Java skills with an emphasis on Web Application design and development
- Can develop, scale and maintain highly available RESTful web services
- Has a thorough understanding of SQL and data modeling
- Can be a strong practitioner of Automated Testing and TDD
- Has experience working with AWS or other cloud service
- Is proficient with Git for version control and code review
- Has 5+ years of experience
We'll see it as a bonus if you also bring
- Experience with jUnit, Selenium for testing
- Experience with Jira for project management
- Experience with EC2, S3, Lambda and other AWS services
- Understanding of Machine Learning
Employees at Community Brands are techies and volunteers who strive to make the Company a great place to work. We dream big and are motivated to help our customers use the technology we create to improve the world around us. And, we look forward to you being part of our story!
- Unlimited Planned Paid Time Off
- Generous Sick Leave
- Casual Environment
- Purpose Driven Culture
- Work-life balance
- Passionate about Community Involvement
- Company Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Short Term Disability
- Remote Flexibility
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities