Sr. Software Developer in Test
At Otus, a fast-growing EdTech company based at 1K Fulton in the West Loop of Chicago, you will work with people passionate about improving the lives of teachers and students. We are a group of talented designers, developers, coaches, and leaders. We love our work and strive to do our best each day.
On our team, you will find musicians, beer enthusiasts, designer toy collectors, table tennis fanatics, and more.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Sr. Software Developer in Test with experience testing the frontend and backend of an application in order to help bring the best possible software solution to educators.
As an early member of a growing team, you must possess a strong work ethic and be upbeat, driven, intelligent, well-organized, articulate, share a passion for learning new technology, and thrive in a fun, fast-paced environment.
You will have the opportunity to immediately contribute and see the results of your work in use by students, teachers, parents and district administrators across the country. This position reports to our Director of Quality Assurance in our downtown Chicago office.
- Participate and contribute to all QA team deliverables which include; test strategy, test planning, test development, test automation development, peer reviews, design reviews and defect triage
- Work closely with developers to develop test strategies and plans for unit, integration, UAT, security and performance tests to ensure proper test coverage
- Determine the proper test strategy for manual and automated testing for new functionality based upon analyzing and decomposing application software design and requirements.
- Design and develop tests that will functionally validate data queries that are presented to the end user
- Assist in reproducing, investigating and debugging software issues in coordination with the delivery team squad and validating any software fixes
- Groom, execute and complete QA work items to align with development work items.
- Participate in escaped defect analysis reviews and implement corrective actions that are the outcome from the analysis
- Assist delivery team squad in application release delivery where needed
- Demonstrable experience performing data warehouse testing and verifying data integrity
- Excellent knowledge of various testing technologies such as; JMeter, TestNG, Gatling, Postman or similar testing frameworks/technologies
- Working knowledge in CI/CD process, in the particular area of build & deployment tools in a Kubernetes and Docker environment
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical issues through analysis and a variety of problem solving techniques
- Strong understanding of SDLC and software testing methodologies that contribute to the release of quality software
- Ability to work in a self organizing team, working on your own daily tasks in a fast paced environment
- Highly motivated, passionate, and self-driven
- Value iterative progress over perfection
Nice to Haves
- Experience as a software developer
- Experience performing load testing
- Experience developing and performing application security testing
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 20 PTO days a year, plus a day off for your birthday (or a loved one), an interest day (to do something you love) and paid holidays
- Up to 12 weeks of parental leave, and great work/life balance
- Flexible hours and work from home policy so you can be at your most productive
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life Insurance and disability benefits
- 401K with an employer match (up to 4%)
- Working in arguably the best neighborhood in the city with the excellent food, drinks, coffee and donuts all within walking distance
- Working in an amazing office building with gym, rooftop deck, frequent social events, shuttle to and from train stations
Otus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind. You must be legally authorized to work in the US. Unfortunately, the company is unable to support sponsorships at this time.