About the opportunity
Ascendon R&D is excited to announce that we are expanding our specialist R&D teams in Chicago. These teams are responsible for delivering new features for CSG’s cloud based digital BSS Ascendon Platform. An exciting opportunity currently exists for a Senior Software Development Engineer with product development experience to join our growing R&D team.
About the role
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Ascendon R&D, you will have the opportunity to work with an experienced team developing front-end technologies. Our web team translates requirements into effective, intuitive, and responsive user interfaces. You will work collaboratively with other CSG delivery teams in Chicago, Omaha, Bangalore, and Brisbane.
As a successful candidate, you will meet the following criteria:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 2+ year of experience with modern web frameworks (React, Angular, AngularJS, Vue.js, Ember) best-practices and commonly used modules with an emphasis on structuring a large web UI application.
- 2+ Unit testing experience (Mocha, Karma and Jasmine)
- Experience with automated unit and integration tests to support continuous delivery and with automated e2e tests (Cypress, Protractor and TestCafe)
- Exposure to Behavior Driven Development (BDD)/ Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD)
- Experience implementing high-performance, reusable code for UI components
- Experience in test automation
- Be able to identify test cases that are automatable and brings value, then automate them.
- Be able to automate manual test cases for already developed features.
- Demonstrate effective communication as a member of a development team, ensuring understanding of both verbal and written material.
- Demonstrates ability to lead/mentor developers to completion of tasks.
- With some supervision, able to design and create an execution plan for moderately complex features in areas they are familiar.
- Have good analytical and problem-solving skills. Experience gathering and analyzing information for the development of effective solutions to problems or situations. Can solve complex problems quickly.
- Be a self-motivated individual who works well in a global team environment.
This is an opportunity to be part of a professional, collaborative team creating an exciting future for Ascendon. If you like the sound of that, we’d like to hear from you.