At Echo we are committed to help our Associates grow their career. Apply today and grow with Echo!
Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation management services. As a third-party logistics provider, we simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers, handling crucial tasks so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that need to ship their products with carriers who transport goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Echo Global Logistics team, you will be a major contributor to the design and implementation of a modular and adaptive service-based enterprise platform in line with our organizational mission of quality, scalability, performance and function. Our proprietary software powers the ever growing North American freight industry by simplifying transportation logistics for shippers and carriers.
Echo Global Logistics was recently ranked in 2020 by Crain's Business as a Top 25 Tech Company in Chicago and we are continuing to see increased growth in virtually all of our technical teams. We look forward to continued success with you as part of our team!
- Have taken a large-scale solution from inception to production
- Technology is a passion, not something you just do between 9-5
- Consider yourself ‘polyglot’ and are proficient in multiple adjacent technologies
- Possess strong fundamentals in software design and development following SOLID principles, domain-driven design, and CQRS
- Lead by example by constantly striving to improve
- Possess ability and willingness to mentor more junior teammates
- Possess ability to communicate with business stakeholders and engineering leadership, alike
- Value passionate technologists, go-getters, and people who never stop seeking ways to improve existing technical solutions
- Focus on career development and have the runway to get you there
- Work hard, period
- Offer competitive compensation, benefits, 401k, challenging projects, company-wide events, coworkers and leaders who will push you to get better, a sense of community not found anywhere else
Echo Software Engineers work on a Scrum team comprised of developers of all skill levels, QA engineers, product owners, and business stakeholders.
- Work with system architects to contribute to high-level technical designs
- Produce consistent, high quality code by following industry best practices and company standards
- Leverage automation across testing, integration, and deployment activities
- Work hand-in-hand with product owner to break down features into actionable user stories
- Work to continuously advance your professional and technical skill set
- Carry out root cause analysis on defects; ensure fixes are happening in the right way
- Manage software risk; balance priorities; go above and beyond the call of duty
- 5+ years developing distributed, enterprise-scale software applications leveraging the following:
- Object-Oriented programming languages: Java, C#, Python
- Relational databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server
- Enterprise messaging systems: RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Data structures and algorithms
- NoSQL databases: MongoDB, Redis, Neo4j
- Service-based architecture: Microservices, WCF,
- Automated CI/CD pipelines: Jenkins, Azure DevOps, GitLab, Git, Artifactory
- Docker containers: Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm, Nomad
- Cloud services: AWS, Azure, Google
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other
office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.