SR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER, HADOOP
We may be the most important Internet company you’ve never heard of. Join our team for your chance to work in the digital marketing space and solve meaningful problems on a massive scale—and have fun doing it.
The Hadoop Engineering Team at Conversant Media is responsible for providing and maintaining Hadoop environments across the company. The team provides support for application tuning and profiling of client applications to ensure efficient use of cluster resources.
As part of this team you will work with teams from across the company to provide application development support. This includes ability to work with Spark, M/R, Hive and HBase. You will work with the development and Hadoop teams to profile and optimize the in house developed applications.
- Provide tuning support and analysis for client applications
- Provide framework support for client teams with Spark, HBase, Hive
- Drive best practices for developing application against Hadoop Clusters
- Provide application tuning for Spark applications.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years experience in software engineering in a big data environment.
- Real world Hadoop experience
- Real world experience with NoSQL solutions
- Experience with version control systems such as Git or Perforce.
- Solid computer science fundamentals such as complexity analysis, data structures and software design.
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- Experience in the Ad Industry space.
- Experience with Distributed Systems outside of Hadoop.
- 5+ years of academic or industry experience (preferably at a tech company.)