Sr. Software Engineer - Mobile - Android
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
We want you to enjoy where you work, who you work with and what you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too!
We are looking for Sr Android Engineers to join our awesome mobile team to create some exciting projects. Our mobile team is a talented group of smart, humble people who are passionate about creating amazing mobile products using cutting-edge technology. Innovation, research and creativity are always at the forefront of what we do, so if you’re excited to work with a product that will change the way take out and delivery is done around the country, we look forward to receiving your application.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Design, implement and deliver awesome products for all constituencies (diners, corporate accounts, restaurants, etc)
- Understand products from both a technical and business perspective in the context of our larger business
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists, and users to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to intelligently solve problems for both diners and restaurants
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we need you to help contribute
You Should Have
- Working knowledge of the Android platform and tools
- Fragments, Adapters, Services and BroadcastReceivers
- Layouts, ActionBar, Menus, Volley, Google Play Services
- An understanding of Android app architecture and use of design patterns
- Experience with Gradle, Espresso, RoboGuice, Robolectric a plus
- Familiarity with agile methodologies
- Ability to learn/work quickly and independently
- Ability to collaborate and share knowledge
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.