Ocient is a venture-funded startup building a SQL compliant, exabyte-scale, high-performance data platform. It is a distributed system optimized for NVMe drives, RDMA networks and high core count processors. We are led by a management team with seven successful startup exits, including Cleversafe which was one of the largest software startup exits in Chicago's history.
Ocient is looking for experienced Software Engineers to join its Solutions Engineering team. The solutions team is responsible for the development of software outside of the Ocient database in the Ocient data platform. This includes custom ETL flows, streaming systems, data connectors, etc. The team works closely with end customers and the rest of the Ocient engineering teams to deliver massive-scale data solutions. Ideal candidates are passionate about large-scale systems engineering, high-performance distributed systems, and ensuring customer success.
- Design, implement, and validate batch and stream loading systems to ingest terabytes of data per day.
- Collaborate across engineering teams and customer engagements to deliver world-class massive-scale data solutions.
- Program in Java, Python, and Go to build and monitor distributed software systems.
- Hack on cutting-edge open-source software and constantly evaluate the next generation of big data software.
- Work closely with end customers to ensure business success.
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Strong fundamental computer science skills.
- A good working knowledge of Linux, containers, networking, and databases.
- The ability to own, communicate, and manage risk associated with large complex problems.
- Experience building end-to-end customer facing systems.
- Experience with high performance, distributed systems.
- Experience writing high performance Java or Go.
- Expertise in stream processing with an established framework (e.g. Apache Flink, Kafka Streams).
- Expertise in container orchestration systems and cloud-native software development.
You are not required to have experience in each of these areas. Ocient cares more about general engineering skill and passion for large-scale distributed systems.