Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled solutions and supply chain management. We utilize technology to simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers by handling the critical tasks on their behalf so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that ship their product with carriers who transport those goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
About the Role:
As a Sr. Software Engineer in Test on the Echo Global Logistics team, you will contribute to the engineering of large scale web-based applications to enable Echo's business while supporting the architectural vision of quality, scalability, performance and function. Our proprietary software is created with the goal to simplify transportation for our customers and carriers and is one of our largest competitive advantages in an ever growing market.
• Primary focus on technical planning, owns technical design, including high-level conceptual diagram, ERD, service contracts, etc.
• Works with Architects and other developers to ensure a team's direction is in line with enterprise vision
• Contributes to technical design including high-level conceptual diagram, ERD, service contracts using C# and SQL based technologies (open to other languages) in an Agile environment
• Supports and is accountable for timely releases and adherence to release activities
• Follows up with infrastructure to create service accounts, permissions, and access rights
• Creates deployment documentation which outlines WHERE & WHAT?
• Works hand-in-hand with Product Owner to break down user stories into small functional slices
• Encourages integration and promotes obtaining shared goals with team members
• Active member of the development community outside Echo
• Ability to mentor, guide, and coach more junior developers
5+ years developing and testing commercial-grade business applications demonstrating the following:
• Strong understanding of the major forms of application testing (e.g. unit testing, integration testing, mocking, UI test automation, API test automation, load and performance testing)
• Proficient writing software to test other software
• Experience with multiple programming languages
• Experience designing, communicating and implementing the test plan for projects or applications
• Strong understanding of SOA, RESTful web services
• Working knowledge of several common application testing tools and frameworks (e.g. Selenium, Cucumber/SpecFlow, NUnit, SoapUI, Ranorex, etc)
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent years of experience
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.