At Echo we are committed to help our Associates grow their career. Apply today and grow with Echo!
The Sr. Software Engineer will report to the Manager, Software Engineering in our downtown Chicago IL headquarters. This role contributes to the Engineering of large scale solutions that enable Echo's business while supporting the strategic architectural vision of quality, scalability, performance and function. The Sr. Software Engineer is an active member on a dynamic team looking build Best in Class software. The ideal candidate for this role not only is able to produce high quality work quickly, but also serves as a resource to their peers around them and provides mentoring whenever possible.
- 5+ years Software Engineering experience including business application development
- Proven enterprise experience and proficiency with:
Relational Database Management Systems/SQL
RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Strong experience developing a commercial-grade business application leveraging data structures, DBMS, SOA Architecture or writing code in OO programming language ideal
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related years of experience and technical skills
- Master’s Degree preferred but not required
- Strong time and project management skills in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills and strong sense of ownership
What's in it for you?
- Help career growth by joining industry leader and established product team with newly integrated and focused User Experience process
- Working with an organization with defined market goals, products, customers, revenue, and development teams
- Experienced mentors to learn and adopt new practices
- Ability to introduce your own views and takes on the products
- See the path from the genesis of a product through idea life-cycle and retirement of a product
- Ability to live with your design and what customers think of the product
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other
office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of
that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.