If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Command and Control team develops software for public safety organizations to manage public safety responders’ workflow and operational intelligence management. We build products to serve large cities that need sophisticated, customized workflows to smaller municipalities that need cost effective, end to end solutions. All of our systems are built scalable and highly reliable. We provide both cloud and on-premises solutions. These efforts are all in support of our hybrid cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions for public safety customers. This team is part of the Software Enterprise division, which offers secure, reliable and efficient team communications, and records and evidence solutions for critical public safety and enterprise markets throughout the world. Our services use cloud computing infrastructure on AWS and Azure to build at scale.
The Command and Control Common Services team develops software solutions both in the cloud and on-premises serving some of the largest 911 dispatch centers in the United States. Our products allow customers to respond effectively in mission-critical operating environments and we’re looking for world-class innovative and motivated engineers interested in building software and systems that truly make a difference.
Perform as a contributing member of an advanced software development scrum team using modern software development techniques to produce world-class public safety software solutions in cloud-based environments.
Participate in formal and informal design and implementation activities producing mission-critical, real-time solutions that will affect the public directly and may save lives.
This role is part of the software enterprise organization where we work with the latest cloud technologies, such as Azure / Docker / Kubernetes / Microservices etc.
By joining the team you will be responsible for creating real-time audio/video streaming software solutions and support them. If you’re someone who enjoyed developing quality video solutions – come join our team!
- Strong passion for delivering high-quality, resilient and large scale software services.
- 3+ years of software design and development experience in at least one of the following languages: C#, .Net Core, node.js, Java, C++.
- Knowledge of Video compression/decompression experience (AVLib, Gstreamer, FFmpeg experience is a plus) and broadcast standard outputs and video engineering standards
- Knowledge of Video Streaming technologies like WebRTC, ABR Streams, FMP4, MPEG-DASH
- Experience in highly scalable, highly reliable distributed systems, client-server architectures and distributed database systems.
- Experience with Agile and iterative development processes is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other STEM field OR equivalent years of work experience.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.