Sr Software Engineer at Signal
Sr Software Engineer
Signal is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who can write server-side code in Node.js and develop front-end applications in React.js. Our goal is for the front-end user facing teams to start writing their own backends to enable faster iterations helping Signal gather customer feedback early and often.
This role is truly unique as it offers exciting challenges and the opportunity to work in both front-end and back-end technologies.
So, what else would you be doing?
- Design practical solutions to solve problems. Write great code. Stay ahead technically. Participate in code reviews, testing
- Provide the technology for a platform that facilitates billions of requests monthly
- Working with big data and predictive analytics on a distributed system
- Collaborate. You'll be working with everyone—dev team, design, product owners, client services, to innovate and get stuff done
- Work to help us be the best team we can be by promoting great architectural practices, improving process and always wanting to learn more
- Participate in Hack Week, Shark Week, demo days. Have fun and experience life at a growing tech company.
What we need from you:
- Technical skills. You have experience working in large code bases and engineering features that are secure, scalable and highly available
- You’re the type of engineer who likes an impromptu whiteboard session to help others solve their problems
- Sense of curiosity and desire to always be learning and growing as an engineer
- Deep experience in HTTP, REST, API design and/or SOA
- Experience working with React.js, Angular, or Vue.js
- Familiarity with CSS, HTML, and basic layout principles for the Web
- You are smart and amazing, but your ego doesn't require you to be the only smart and amazing person on your team
- Commitment to testing, code reviews
What’s in it for you:
We believe in code quality, testing, peer reviews, collaboration. We believe in using the best tool for the job. We love open source, open communication and have created an environment where we treat people like adults, give them big problems to solve and the power to solve them.
To support this we offer a competitive salary/bonus with great benefits, like: unlimited PTO, 401k, health/dental/vision, STD/LTD, snacks, parental leave, Hack Weeks, great colleagues.
Signal is the first and only Customer Identity Solution for the enterprise. Signal’s platform transforms the customer experience by providing contextual relevance at all points of engagement, regardless of place or time.
Today, Signal’s technology runs on more than 45,000 digital properties in 158 countries. The platform facilitates billions of data requests monthly, supporting top brands around the world that generate more than $1.5 trillion in commerce, including Allstate, Audi, Crate & Barrel, JetBlue Airways, Starcom MediaVest Group, Starwood Hotels and Resorts, and many more.
Signal has been recognized with numerous awards and honors, appearing on the Inc. 500 list of the fastest growing companies in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
For more information, please visit: www.signal.co and follow Signal on LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at Signal are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.