SR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Senior Software Engineer
We may be the most important Internet company you’ve never heard of. Join our team for your chance to work in the digital marketing space and solve meaningful problems on a massive scale—and have fun doing it.
Conversant software engineers are developing the next-generation technologies that drive hundreds of millions of dollars in incremental revenue for marketers. We work at the scale of the web; our code makes decisions in milliseconds, billions of times per day. We seek ideas from every area of computer science, including information retrieval, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design and more. As a software engineer, you will work on a small team, making a direct impact, as our fast-paced business grows and evolves. Our engineers are versatile and passionate, tackling new problems as we continue pushing technologically forward.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will lead a small team of 2-3 engineers developing Conversant’s mission critical microservices. This desirable position provides the opportunity of tremendous exposure and career growth and is ideally matched with your experience, skills and passion. You will have top level software engineers readily available, access to latest tools and hardware, and a culture of entrepreneurial spirits to help you and your team achieve success.
● Lead a small team of 2-3 engineers with ownership of business-critical microservices.
● Drive initiatives that improve integration/deployment, HA, scale and performance.
● Collaborate across teams in architecting new solutions.
● Participate in and promote Agile and DevOps processes.
● Research and evaluate new technologies and their impact.
● Experiment, learn from mistakes, and celebrate successes.
● 5+ years of hands-on experience in developing and supporting distributed web applications.
● Passion and experience in coaching and mentoring junior and mid-level software engineers.
● Real world experience working with Docker (Swarm and/or Kubernetes).
● Experience leading development through the full development life cycle in an Agile environment.
● Extensive experience designing and developing Web applications and REST services.
● Knowledge and experience with various SQL and NoSQL databases (Postgres preferred).
● Ability to traverse and speak the full stack: browser, services, load-balancing and infrastructure.
● Practitioner of unit testing, data-structuring, profiling, performance-tuning and debugging.
● Excellent communication, analysis, design, and development skills.
● BS or MS in Computer Science + relevant real world experience.
● Backend experience with NodeJS, Docker, Kafka, Nginx/Traefik, PostgreSQL.
● Real-world experience planning and building CI/CD pipelines.
● Frontend experience with Angular, HTML5 and WebSockets a plus.