Sr Software Engineer at Signal
Signal is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who knows Java/Go/Python (or similar languages) to work with big data problems on a multi-region distributed system. You’ll be solving huge problems on a small team in our headquarters in Chicago. If you want to join a high-performing engineering team full of awesome people (who doesn’t?), you should keep reading.
So, what else would you be doing?
- Design practical solutions to solve problems. Write great code. Stay ahead technically. Participate in code reviews, testing
- Provide the technology for a platform that facilitates billions of requests monthly
- Working with big data and predictive analytics on a distributed system
- Collaborate. You'll be working with everyone—dev team, product owners, client services, to innovate and get stuff done
- Work to help us be the best team we can be by promoting great architectural practices, improving process and always wanting to learn more
- Mentor junior developers
- Participate in Hack Week, Shark Week, demo days. Have fun and experience life at a growing tech company.
What we need from you:
- Extensive programming experience required in Java/Go/Python or a similar language
- Technical skills. You have experience working in large code bases and engineering features that are secure, scalable and highly available
- You’re the type of engineer who likes an impromptu whiteboard session to help others solve their problems
- Sense of curiosity and desire to always be learning and growing as an engineer
- Deep experience in HTTP, REST, API design and/or SOA
- You are smart and amazing, but your ego doesn't require you to be the only smart and amazing person on your team
- Commitment to testing, code reviews
What’s in it for you:
You will work with others who value culture and treating one another like adults. To support this we offer a competitive salary/bonus with great benefits, like: unlimited PTO, 401k, health/dental/vision, STD/LTD, snacks, parental leave, Hack Weeks, great colleagues.
Signal is a Customer Data Intelligence & Identity Solution for enterprises. The platform enables brands to more accurately understand the customer journey to personalize the marketing message and transform insight into business value. Through its platform, Signal’s mission is to make the intersection between brands and consumers more human through true understanding.
By enabling its customers with their own first-party data, Signal aspires to achieve a vision to empower brand empathy. Signal’s customer intelligence platform leverages real-time data collection for clients such as ASOS, EA Sports, Crate and Barrel (and more) to activate their customer actions. Signal’s technology runs on more than 45,000 digital properties in 158 countries and is a trusted powerhouse to help clients open up new opportunities for brand engagements.
Signal has been recognized with numerous awards and honors, including being named one of the fastest-growing companies on the 2015, 2016, & 2017 Inc. 500 Lists.
Visit www.signal.co to learn more and follow Signal on LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at Signal are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status