Sr. Software Engineer at IDx Technologies
Who we are:
IDx Technologies is bringing the first ever autonomous diagnostic AI medical device cleared by the FDA to market. Built on a series of patented machine learning algorithms, our software is designed to automatically diagnose early signs of debilitating eye diseases. In the process, we are working to prevent unnecessary blindness, drive down healthcare costs, and transform the way the world thinks about disease detection. IDx provides a challenging and rewarding environment and the opportunity to:
- Work with world-renowned doctors who are pushing the limits of machine learning in medicine.
- Tackle complex problems/projects with the highest levels of quality and execution for audiences that include top technologists, the FDA, and world-leading healthcare providers.
- Push the accessibility and quality of healthcare to new heights to improve the lives of millions of people.
IDx is a private company with substantial funding and a deep product pipeline. As a rapidly growing company, every member of our team plays a fundamental role in ensuring our success. We want to hire people who bring new skills and perspectives that will take us to the next level
For more info, visit eyediagnosis.net/careers
What we are looking for:
The Senior Software Engineer is a high-impact role where you will work your team to provide both design and implementation. Your desire and ability to collaborate, mentor, and learn are more important than the specific technologies and tools you have used in the past. You must have a demonstrable passion for good software development practices and an irresistible urge to share it with others. You are someone who identifies issues early and brings them to the table along with multiple solutions. You believe that continuous improvement is key to the difference between good and great and can inspire others to follow your example. You love learning and teaching and find satisfaction in multiplying the effectiveness of those around you.
To be successful in this role you must be able to:
- Analyze, optimize, implement, and document complex code and/or existing prototype software.
- Apply design patterns and best practices and can help others understand their importance.
- Effectively document the architecture, design and functionality of software under development.
- Have awareness of new trends, technologies, and tools and understand when to apply them.
- Produce clean readable code that is easily maintainable.
- Make others better through code reviews, documentation, technical guidance, and mentoring.
- Strong analytical skills with great verbal and written communication.
- Experience designing, implementing, and deploying complex solutions.
- At least 4 years software development experience, 1 or more as a Senior.
- Applicants must not now or in the future need IDx to sponsor an immigration case for employment (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration cases).
- Experience implementing technical requirements in a way that balances the tradeoffs between technical and business needs.
- Experience with Microsoft development tools and languages, specifically C#, .NET Core, MVC, WEB API and Git within Azure DevOps (Team Foundation Server).
- Understanding and experience with unit testing frameworks, tools, and methodologies.
- Experience with front-end development technologies, preferably React.
- Knowledge of or interest in the medical device software development industry.
- Experience working in an ISO- or FDA-regulated environment, or another highly regulated environment (FAA, etc.) and working with Quality Management Systems.