Sr. TechOps Engineer at Echo Global Logistics
As a TechOps Engineer, you will work closely with Echo’s Infrastructure teams to ensure smooth delivery and maintenance of developed applications into production. This role will assist and guide the Operations teams to learn and adopt continuous delivery practices and efficient use of tools to accomplish their goals. As technical problems arise, you will collaborate with Operations team to find solutions. Additionally this role will work with the Operations Engineers to refine and improve the tools that and procedures that Echo Global Logistics uses to improve operational excellence across all of IT.
- Patch management.
- Creating and maintaining standards base server deployment.
- Task planning with development to production deployments.
- Work with the SRE to create script and deploy for system automation.
- Work closely with our Operations team.
- Consult with software engineers, data team, architects, DevOps, infrastructure, and security to create a better, more dependable production ecosystem.
- Assist in improving development operations.
- Shape the future of IT by defining the tools and best practices that our teams will adopt.
- Troubleshoot problems and help with maintenance tasks that we have not automated yet.
- Reduce complexity of configuration management so our infrastructure teams can recover fast from outages.
- Execute tasks as assigned by SRE.
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Experienced with scripting languages such as PowerShell, Ruby, Python, Bash, or similar
- Experienced with VMWare virtualization platform.
- Experienced with build, deployment, and orchestration technologies (such as SCCM, Terraform, Kubernetes, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Artifactory)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including writing technical documentation
- Basic knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing, firewalls, etc.
- Be flexible in an ever-changing environment.
- Open source middleware services (such as RabbitMQ, Kafka, Elastic Search, Consul.io).
- Understanding of object-oriented programming techniques (with .NET, Java, Ruby, or a similar language) throughout the software development lifecycle; including unit testing, debugging, compilation, integration, and deployment.
- Familiarity with administrative tasks on Windows Server and Linux.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.