About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 22.6 million diners food ordering experience and we feature over 300,000 restaurants in 3,200 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Work in a fun and fast-paced environment supporting the wide-ranging development needs of our Marketing department. This is an unbeatable opportunity for a talented, budding engineer to grow and advance at an elite tech company.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Develop HTML templates for our customer-facing email programs. Serve as the expert for how to make emails look pixel-perfect across every major email platform.
- Maintain and develop WordPress-based websites such as The Blog, Grubhub for Restaurants, and Grubhub for Drivers.
- Maintain and develop an internal drag & drop email building tool based in React and Ruby.
- Adopt and adhere to coding best practices including code reviews, automated testing, and version control.
- Manage your own workload by accurately gauging timelines and meeting deadlines.
- Work with UX designers and provide feedback when necessary.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UX designs.
- Work across teams and communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists, and customers.
- Manage a small team operating as a key hub for Marketing tools and campaigns.
You Should Have
- Experience coding responsive HTML email templates.
- WordPress and custom PHP development experience
- 4 -6 years experience building interactive web applications
- Strong CSS & HTML5 skills, including SASS and LESS. Experience with responsive design.
- Comfortable using Git version control via command line
- Experience either directly managing and/or mentoring direct reports
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.