Sr.Software Engineer - C#/.Net
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewBring your talent and skills to Motorola Solutions, as part of the Software Enterprise at the Chicago Design Center. As a software engineer, you will be a key member of our CAD team, responsible for building the next generation of hosted and on premise products for our public safety customers around the world. Our products allow customers to respond effectively in mission-critical operating environments and we’re looking for world-class engineers interested in building software and systems that truly make a difference.
Job DescriptionWe are looking for developers with strong Backend & DB development background who are fast learners with good communication, analytical, troubleshooting skills and good experience with various software development/verification methodologies.
The developer is expected to work with development and automation teams to drive various Cloud based functional, certification and tool development initiatives to help scale complex mission critical public safety software development/deployments and reduce go-to-market costs:
- BS Degree in Computer Science (or related technical equivalent)
- 3+ years of Software Development experience, 5+ years preferred
- Experience with C#, .Net core, REST, WCF, Websocket
- Experience with VSTS, Azure Pipeline, Builds and Releases
- Experience with API publishing and certification
- Interested in working in a continuous deployment environment
- Strong background in automated testing tool-set on both traditional and Cloud systems with coverage on API, Azure based Microservices, OnPrem WCF based systems
- Strong working knowledge in understanding complex end-end systems with multiple internal and external interfaces and have the ability to certify the systems in automated manner
- Good experience in dealing with the complexities arising from interface incompatibilities and building solutions to quickly identify the breakages
- Experience with software technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Git
- Knowledge of client- and server-side web app performance scaling techniques;
- Real-time application testing using WebSockets, SignalR, or Socket.IO
- Experience certifying systems built using Web (REST) APIs for internal and external usage
- Knowledge of both SQL and NoSQL data stores and familiarity in performing Load and stress testing using automated tools
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
Basic RequirementsBS Degree in Computer Science (or related technical equivalent)
3+ years of Software Development experience with C#/.Net
Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
Position TypeExperiencedReferral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.