***Please note: Due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation, all jobs are currently remote-friendly but we would love to have you in our Chicago office once deemed safe and appropriate to return.***
Being a Staff Engineer (C++) at iManage means…
We are looking for a passionate Staff Engineer with extensive hands-on experience in building scalable distributed systems. You will lead and mentor other engineers on the team. You will be part of our Server-OnPrem team in an agile environment supporting the flagship products that enables over 4000 clients to collaborate and manage documents efficiently and securely.
You will play a leading role in the architecture, development, and deployment of critical, large scale products. Because of our commitment to CI/CD, we are using some cutting-edge technologies like C++, Azure, Windows, SQL, Python and more. We encourage our employees to collaborate and build great relationships globally. Our leadership team cares about every individual holistically, on a personal and professional level.
iM Responsible For…
- Working within cross-functional engineering teams as well as peer teams to build an integrated document management solution
- Collaborating with product managers to analyze business requirements and design new features
- Mentoring and collaborating with team members; participating in code reviews; designing and developing features
- Encouraging software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation) and related tools like GitHub, JIRA, Jenkins etc.
- Communicating, documenting and presenting design and plans in front of technical and business audiences
- Striving to consistently learn and improve within the company as well as share knowledge with colleagues globally
iM Qualified Because I have…
- A Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of experience building large scale software applications with C++/Windows
- Additional experience with Python as preferred
- Expertise with relational database systems, particularly Microsoft SQL Server
- Thought leadership and design skills in one or more key technology areas: architecture, high-transaction systems, micro-services based distributed architectures, fault-tolerant designs, data and system security
- Experience with Windows platforms for development and production use
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information effectively
- Development exposure to public cloud services like Azure is preferred
- Hands on DevOps experience as a plus
- Working exposure to CI/CD pipelines and build management within a Cloud/SaaS environment as a plus
iM Getting to…
- Join a supportive, experienced team benefiting from continuous growth within an inclusive, encouraging and vibrant culture
- Onboard remotely and be included in all aspects of iManage life
- Collaborate cross functionally
- Help mentor, lead, and coach junior team members
- Focus on meaningful work, solving complex, real world issues utilizing the latest technologies and protocols
- Own your learning and growth within our career development support framework plus, access a huge range online learning library
- Receive competitive benefits that include; attractive salary based on market data, health/vision/dental/life insurance, 401k matching, performance bonuses, flexible working environment, generous PTO, unlimited sick days and so much more!
iManage combines artificial intelligence with content and email management to free, secure, and understand information. Over 3000 companies and 1 million users worldwide rely on our market-leading software to share and protect their most valuable data. Our work is not always easy but it is ambitious and rewarding.
So we’re looking for people who love a challenge. People who are happiest when they’re solving problems and collaborating with the industry’s best and brightest. In exchange, we’ll make sure the work you do here is worth doing. That’s the iManage way. It’s how we do things that might appear impossible. How we develop our employees’ strengths and unlock their potential. It’s how we find meaning in everything we do.
Whoever you are, whatever you do, however you work. Make it mean something at iManage.
Learn more at: www.imanage.com
Please see our privacy statement for more information on how we handle your personal data: https://imanage.com/privacy-policy/