The Staff Engineer Cloud Platforms role plays a key role in ensuring our cloud platform is well architected. This person will help identify gaps and engineer solutions to achieve our future state activities to close those gaps. This position plays an integral role in defining and assessing the organization's multi-region expansion strategy, architecture and practices as well as contributes to maturing the company's cloud platform architecture and technology frameworks.
What your day could consist of:
- Design and implement agile innovative multi-region cloud hosted high volume SaaS reducing tech debt across the tech stack.
- Design, implement and integrate management solutions to effectively manage public cloud implementation(Docker, Kubernetes, Service Mesh) and monolith application deployed in multi-region across globe, ensure reliability, elasticity, performance and security
- Work on improving platform performance for legacy applications and guide engineering teams to improve full stack performance for future state architecture.
- Identify, evaluate, select and engineer highly reliable reference architecture that are extremely secure enabling Operations to manage environments simply and effectively, ensure on time, on budget, and quality delivery of shared container platform
- Collaborate with the team to evolve the containerization ecosystem, establish and mature standards and integration for infrastructure management domains - logging, monitoring, configuration management and orchestration.
- Identify and implement standard instrumentation to reduce complexity and measure operational goals for increasing automation across the enterprise.
- Work closely with geographically distributed product, security and platform engineering teams on technical challenges and process improvements
- Evangelize the cloud and container management platform standards and capabilities, gain insights of the workflows of Product Development, Engineering and Operations teams, ensure platform relevance and drive adoption, enable the application transformation from monolithic to microservices.
- Provide cloud architecture best practices guidance to SRE , DBRE, Product Engineering, DevOps Engineering teams in the company
What is needed:
- 5-7 years of cloud engineering experience (AWS preferred)
- 3+ years as a hands-on lead engineer on cloud hosted SaaS/Applications.
- Experience implementing multi-region hosted SaaS solutions.
- Experience engineering end to end SaaS hosting tooling: Logging, Monitoring, AIOps, self healing.
- Experience designing and implementing access control models
- Experience on AWS IaaS and PaaS services is highly preferred.
- Ability to build consensus and provide advisory to leadership.
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Self-motivated and strong sense of ownership of tasks
We are a category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) that helps over 150,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 600+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. You can find out more about our DEI initiatives here.
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 150,000 today to millions. We have been ranked #4 Best Place to Work on Built In Chicago in 2021, a best workplace for remote employees by Quartz and received recognition as a great place to work across all of our regions, and continue to be globally recognized for our employee-centric culture here.
Perks and benefits:
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include:
-Comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, telehealth and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for mediation)
-Open paid time off
-Generous 401(k) matching with no vesting
-Generous stipend to outfit your remote office
-Career growth including access to personal and professional coaching through Udemy
-Access to life coaches via Modern Health
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.