ActiveCampaign's category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) helps over 150,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 500+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation and CRM for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat and text. Over 100,000 of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 850+ integrations including Microsoft, Shopify, Square, Facebook, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in Marketing Automation, CRM, and E-Commerce Personalization on G2.com and is the Top Rated Email Marketing Software on TrustRadius. Pricing starts at just $9/month. Start a free trial at ActiveCampaign.com.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 150,000 today to millions.
The Staff Engineer Cloud Platforms role plays a key role in ensuring our cloud platform is well architected. This person will help identify gaps and engineer solutions to achieve our future state activities to close those gaps. This position plays an integral role in defining and assessing the organization's multi-region expansion strategy, architecture and practices as well as contributes to maturing the company's cloud platform architecture and technology frameworks.
What your day could consist of:
- Design and implement agile innovative multi-region cloud hosted high volume SaaS reducing tech debt across the tech stack.
- Design, implement and integrate management solutions to effectively manage public cloud implementation(Docker, Kubernetes, Service Mesh) and monolith application deployed in multi-region across globe, ensure reliability, elasticity, performance and security
- Work on improving platform performance for legacy applications and guide engineering teams to improve full stack performance for future state architecture.
- Identify, evaluate, select and engineer highly reliable reference architecture that are extremely secure enabling Operations to manage environments simply and effectively, ensure on time, on budget, and quality delivery of shared container platform
- Collaborate with the team to evolve the containerization ecosystem, establish and mature standards and integration for infrastructure management domains - logging, monitoring, configuration management and orchestration.
- Identify and implement standard instrumentation to reduce complexity and measure operational goals for increasing automation across the enterprise.
- Work closely with geographically distributed product, security and platform engineering teams on technical challenges and process improvements
- Evangelize the cloud and container management platform standards and capabilities, gain insights of the workflows of Product Development, Engineering and Operations teams, ensure platform relevance and drive adoption, enable the application transformation from monolithic to microservices.
- Provide cloud architecture best practices guidance to SRE , DBRE, Product Engineering, DevOps Engineering teams in the company
What is needed:
- 5-7 years of cloud engineering experience (AWS preferred)
- 3+ years as a hands-on lead engineer on cloud hosted SaaS/Applications.
- Experience implementing multi-region hosted SaaS solutions.
- Experience engineering end to end SaaS hosting tooling: Logging, Monitoring, AIOps, self healing.
- Experience designing and implementing access control models
- Experience on AWS IaaS and PaaS services is highly preferred.
- Ability to build consensus and provide advisory to leadership.
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Self-motivated and strong sense of ownership of tasks
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include our comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, tele-health and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for mediation), open paid time off, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, a generous stipend to outfit your remote office, and a focus on career growth including access to personal and professional coaching. We take a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and offer parental leave, career pathing, and support employees’ ongoing learning and development through Udemy and access to life coaches via Modern Health. We also offer cool swag.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.