Who we are:
ServiceNow is the Enterprise Cloud Company that is changing the way people work. We are redefining markets and changing the perception of enterprise software. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. Our cloud platform allows enterprises to bring together business strategy, application design and operations in a powerfully simple solution. We’re disruptive. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
Our platform delivers digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity. ServiceNow cloud services automate, predict, digitize and optimize business processes and tasks, from IT to Customer Service to Security Operations and to Human Resources, creating a better experience for employees, users and customers while transforming the enterprise.
We've won awards for being the most innovative company on the planet, named as one of the top companies driving organizational digital transformation and were selected to LinkedIn's Top Companies list for 2019. This gives you a glimpse into our culture and the type of talent we look for.
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a highly collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals with strong aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technologies and talented technologists in the business. We provide competitive compensation, RSU’s, generous benefits and a professional, yet relaxed atmosphere.
Due to the success of our products we are experiencing growth in virtually all areas of our organization. To sustain our growth, we are looking for people who thrive on responsibility and live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent on the planet, and we want to hire people who have their best work ahead of them. Accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you can make an impact daily. We invite you to join in and stand out!
What you get to do in this role:
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to become a key member of the Cloud Platform Persistence group. The platform persistence group has teams that provide storage API for higher layer applications, build our Time Series capability and/or work to scale our application platforms. Depending on the nature of the data, the storage systems include relational database, non-relational database such as columnar database, time series database, or message queue system. Our largest customers are always pushing the limits of the backend storage in terms of size of the data, speed of IO, as well as number of concurrent transactions. Performance, reliability and scalability is always at the core of our work.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies quickly
- Experience working at a software company 4+ years and/or 8-10 yrs + Experience working as a software developer
- Advanced- Expert level understanding of best practices for object-oriented and modularized software. Particular emphasis on Java
- Advance -Expert level understanding of web technologies: HTTP and backend programming of web applications
- Demonstrated success completing complex projects, on time
- Aptitude for learning new technologies quickly
- Experience developing web applications at scale
- Experience with troubleshooting difficult production issues e.g. memory leaks, network problems, intermittent failures etc. across the stack
- Relational Database Experience: Developing on, troubleshooting and optimizing performance
- Experience developing a platform
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- Experience working in a customer focused environment
- Loves database technologies
- Experience with relational databases: Oracle, MySQL, MariaDB, MS SQLServer
- Familiarity with Unix shell
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.