ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
The Advanced Technology Group (ATG) at ServiceNow is a customer-focused innovation group building intelligent software and smart user experiences using existing and latest advanced technologies to enable end-to-end, industry-leading work experiences for customers. We are a group of researchers, applied scientists, engineers, and product managers with a dual mission. We build and evolve the AI platform, and partner with teams to build products and end-to-end AI-powered work experiences. In equal measure, we lay the foundations, research, experiment, and de-risk AI technologies that unlock new work experiences in the future.
Le Groupe de technologie avancée (GTA) de ServiceNow est un groupe d'innovation axé sur le client qui crée des logiciels intelligents et des expériences utilisateurs intelligentes en utilisant les technologies de pointe existantes et les plus récentes pour offrir aux clients des expériences de travail de bout en bout à la pointe de l'industrie. Nous sommes un groupe de chercheurs, de scientifiques appliqués, d'ingénieurs et de chefs de produits avec une double mission. Nous construisons et faisons évoluer la plate-forme d'intelligence artificielle (IA), et nous nous associons à des équipes pour créer des produits et des expériences de travail de bout en bout basées sur l'IA. Dans la même mesure, nous posons les fondations, recherchons, expérimentons et réduisons les risques en matière de technologies d'IA qui ouvrent la voie à de nouvelles expériences de travail à l'avenir.
What you get to do in this role:
Work in ServiceNow's Machine Learning team and find new and innovative ways to solve hard problems in Natural Language Processing, by leveraging core machine learning, deep learning and AI techniques. Play a leading role in building the team’s scientific expertise in that field. Opportunity to learn, work and contribute to the innovative and enterprise grade ServiceNow’s Natural Language Understanding and Artificial Intelligence engine as part of the overall offering.
Specifically, you will:
- Design the natural language processing components of ServiceNow NLU capabilities by enhancing core deep learning algorithms.
- Work with team to generalize, scale and integrate these solutions at the platform level making it available as a core feature/functionality to all ServiceNow client base.
- Support, iterate and improve existing NLU capabilities to a desired level over a definitive time period.
- Participate in data collection, creating benchmarks, etc.
- Develop innovative patentable ideas that ensures the competitiveness of this product within the domain of similar work being done in the industry.
- Collaborate with the Research group to formulate research questions aligned with current and future product needs, actively working with them on knowledge and technology transfer towards platform and products.
- Advance the natural language capabilities of the ServiceNow platform.
- Bring intelligence to customer workflows by leveraging their individual data
- Structured data (workflow state evolution, database tables)
- Unstructured data (utterances, descriptions, documents)
- Adapting to their unique and complex workflows
- At Scale: 7000+ customers with a wide range of data volumes
To be successful in this role you have:
- A minimum of 8 years experience and a Master’s degree, or a PhD with 6 years’ experience.
- Solid Machine learning/Deep learning theoretical knowledge and practical experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of Python and its data science ecosystem (jupyter, pandas, etc.) as well as deep-learning frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch).
- Extensive working experience in Natural Language Processing (NLP)/Natural Language Understanding (NLU) based solutions.
- Extensive experience in leveraging dense distributional representations (“embeddings”) in various problems and contexts.
- Exposure to scaling natural language models in multilingual environments.
- Solid practical experience to systematically approach, design and build a machine learning/deep learning solution, evaluate it and optimize it for production.
- Very good understanding of Transformer-based neural architecture and their applications for language tasks.
- Excellent knowledge in algorithms and data structures.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking abilities, with a desire to build a deep and solid understanding of the problems faced and the solutions developed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability and interest to mentor more junior colleagues.
- Working experience within product development teams is a must.
- Must have demonstrated capabilities to create innovative solutions as well as novel, patentable ideas.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.