Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We are looking for a Staff Engineer to lead the Consumer Credit Decisioning team, responsible for building backend systems that drive consumer credit and pricing decisions in all of Affirm’s products. The team partners closely with Product, Credit and other engineering teams to deliver honest and transparent financial products that help consumers make their purchasing decisions. As we scale the company to be a cornerstone of all ecommerce and offline retail, it is an exciting time to join the team which sits at the core of this mission.What You’ll Do
- Lead a team of engineers to design, maintain, and evolve existing architecture that grows the business and unlocks new product initiatives. Prepare architectural documents and presentations. Document software interfaces
- You will analyze and reason about the technology and architecture decisions, identify improvements and tradeoffs, and communicate these to the rest of the team.
- Provide technical leadership to ensure the delivery of reliable, scalable and performant technical solutions
- Collaborates with business leadership and counterparts in Product Management, Design, Engineering, and Analytics
- Build teams by leading and mentoring other engineers, informing and influencing hiring decisions, and building an inclusive team environment
- Drive to change consumer financial services for the better
- Prior experience architecting, building, launching, and maintaining complex systems
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills
- A leader and team builder who can mentor the team in software development best practices
- Enjoy mentoring and helping the team grow
- A system architect who can see the big picture and envision how business and product requirements can be broken up into system modules or components
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.