Staff Software Engineer, Backend (Fraud Investigations) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Our Fraud Engineering team’s mission is to protect both consumers and our business by preventing fraud at the point of purchase, uncovering fraud that has occurred, and mitigating its impact. Are you excited about preventing consumer Identity Theft and Account Takeover? Do you want to help us build our next generation fraud mitigation platform?
Affirm’s Fraud Engineering team is growing and looking for a senior staff software developer to help keep our customers safe.What You'll Do
- Help shape the technical direction of Fraud Engineering team
- Develop the platform that will help us scale to an increasing number of merchants, products, and regions
- Work with our Product team to extend our core decisioning service; building new risk and fraud mitigation features
- Support Data Science by providing them with the feedback and signals needed to build effective models
- Research and evaluate build vs buy options for tooling and product building blocks
- Experienced: experience building real-time distributed web services, with experience in fraud detection and risk decisioning systems being a plus
- Mentorship: Proven ability to technically mentor engineers and communicate technical ideas
- Collaborative: Enjoys cross team collaboration especially with product managers, operations teams, and compliance officers
- Humble: You have the humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
- User Focused: Cares about the details in the user experience
- Passionate: Passionate about Affirm's Mission: "Deliver Honest Financial Products that improve lives"
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.