Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Originations team, within our Capital org, is responsible for the creation of all loans with Affirm. We make reliable, scalable systems that can handle loan requests from our continually growing customer base. Our team's main users include the bank partners who originate our loans, and other engineering teams that use our services. In the future, we will be extending our reach to countries outside the U.S., signing on new customers, new merchants, and new bank partners along the way.
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to provide technical leadership for our engineers.
What you'll do
- Build and maintain services that enable the origination of hundreds of millions of dollars worth of loans
- Mentor your teammates, review their code, and help them learn the skills and methodologies needed to become outstanding engineers
- Meet with technical and non-technical business partners to discuss project plans and status
- Lead and facilitate technical discussions and ideas to improve our software quality
- Plan, design, communicate and implement reliable, scalable and extensible software systems
What we look for
- Passion for technology and solving problems with software
- Prior experience leading an engineering team
- Proficiency in back-end development and distributed systems (our tech stack includes Python, Spark, Kubernetes, MySQL, and AWS)
- Prior experience architecting, building, launching, maintaining, and refactoring sophisticated systems (experience with SOA and event-driven systems a plus)
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies (such as Scrum, XP, and TDD) a plus
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.