Staff Software Engineer, Backend (Payments) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Move money at Affirm!
We are looking for a Staff Engineer for our Payments team, which provides core money movement capabilities at Affirm. This is the team that talks about NACHA, bps, Durbin, rails, and routing while striving to provide a top notch user experience. We are experiencing explosive growth in our core lending product and we’re expanding our product portfolio; your technical leadership will be a key enabler of that growth.
We are only just getting started! Come join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services brand predicated on honesty and trust. It’s going to be an amazing ride!
What You'll Be Responsible For
- Leading technical projects from specification and planning to implementation with multiple engineers, testing and deployment into production.
- Mentoring junior engineers and leveling up the team’s capacity to execute on its deliverables with quality.
- Affecting Affirm’s bottom line meaningfully by building a reliable, low-cost payment processing platform to move billions of dollars for millions of consumers.
- Enabling new products at Affirm by providing core money movement capabilities for the company.
- Enabling new features to allow for a flexible and positive customer experience
What We Look For
- Prior experience architecting, building, launching and maintaining complex systems.
- Prior experience integrating with payment processors and gift card providers (Chase Paymentech, Stripe, GoCardless) a plus.
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills.
- Proven ability to technically mentor engineers.
- Passionate about Affirm's Mission: "Deliver Honest Financial Products that improve lives"
- Humble: You have the humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
- User Focused: Cares about the details in the user experience
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis