Staff Software Engineer (Backend), Rewards Services at Affirm
The Rewards Team is responsible for building a rewards platform that incentivizes users to transact with Affirm every day and motivates users to continue or begin using Affirm's range of financial products. Deals, Cash Back and Referrals are a few of the programs that we build and maintain to meet our goals.
Our team is growing and looking for a staff software engineer to help expand our rewards platform as we cultivate customer loyalty across our brand. This technical leader will have the opportunity to drive implementation on exciting cross-functional projects that will surprise and delight our users. Come join us!
What You'll Do
- Design and implement large scale and low latency services, elegant abstractions, shareable libraries and robust APIs
- Influence the features and direction of the product and platform with your own ideas
- Look for ways to improve the end-to-end experience for developers working on our systems
- Partner with internal engineering teams and third-party vendors to develop consistent and scalable solutions in order to allow every one of our products to confidently know who it's serving
- Collaborate with cross functional engineering teams, product managers, designers and analysts to deliver high quality consumer experience
- Take an active role in mentoring junior engineers and the processes that support team growth and efficiency
What We Look For
- Passion and drive to change consumer products for the better
- Technical leadership; someone capable of handling mentorship, cross functional project execution and solid individual contributions
- Prior experience architecting, building, launching and maintaining complex systems
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
- A commitment to a diverse and engaging workplace
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.