Staff Software Engineer - Fullstack
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. We’re disruptive We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What does our platform do?
At the core, we deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity. Over 75% of Fortune 500 Companies are using the NOW platform. ServiceNow cloud services automate, predict, digitize and optimize business processes and tasks, from IT to Customer Service to Security Operations and to Human Resources, creating a better experience for your employees, users and customers while transforming your enterprise.
We employ the brightest and most forward-thinking cloud platform developers on the planet. We have offices in San Diego, Kirkland, San Francisco, Santa Clara and a new office in Chicago! We call the West Loop Home and opened March 2018. Together we work as a distributed team. We were #1 on Forbes Most Innovative Companies for 2018 which gives you a glimpse into our culture and the type of talent we look for.
You will work with a talented group of developers building out next generation technologies in the ServiceNow cloud platform. This team is responsible for the innovation, features, and architecture that make ServiceNow a powerful platform used by many Fortune 500 companies.
As a senior engineer you will be a key member of a small team of developers. You will help coach and mentor other associates, design and implement new features for the ServiceNow platform, and lead small to medium sized projects throughout the SDLC lifecycle. In addition, you will help shape the future of the team’s culture by practicing and encouraging development best practices, participating in code reviews, and aligning the team to organizational goals and objectives.
What you get to do in this role:
- Build highly reliable and scalable cloud-based applications
- Solve real world complex problems at scale on the ServiceNow platform
- Examples of past and previous projects include implementing support for multiple databases, automated error detection and self-healing, instrumentation of the ServiceNow platform to provide new insight into performance problems
- Work with a strong set of teams to improve developing and deploying applications and customization's
- Apply new technology and innovation to improve platform functionality
- Be part of a world class engineering organization that takes pride in building extensible and resilient engineering solutions
- Deliver and outstanding experience for our customers
- Work in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) based environment with bright and forward-thinking developers and quality engineers
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 10 years of experience designing and building scalable reusable products/components, with at least 3 in a lead or senior team role
- Firm understanding of best practices for object-oriented and modularized software with a particular emphasis on Java
- Relational Database Experience: Developing on, troubleshooting and optimizing performance of: MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server
- Experience designing and implementing highly interactive user interfaces for high volume web applications
- Experience in application development building enterprise-grade applications in a high transaction environment
- Experience with troubleshooting difficult production issues e.g. memory leaks, network problems, intermittent failures etc. across the stack
- Experience designing & building scalable web services
- Exceptional debugging, testing, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
- Good attitude and ability to work on a team
- Customer-focused approach
We provide competitive compensation to include base, bonus and EQUITY, generous benefits and a professional casual atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.