Staff Software Engineer - Platform Integrations at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
We are seeking a Staff Software Engineer to join our team developing the engine that makes workflow work. We are responsible for the workflow engines on the service now platform, developing new features to empower the next generation of citizen workflow developers in the enterprise setting.
What you get to do in this role:
- Design and Develop Scalable Solutions for the core capabilities of the Workflow Engines.
- Mentor associate developers.
- Support existing architecture, including troubleshooting customer issues, answering customer questions, fixing existing problems, supporting requirements of other development teams and partners.
- Ensure all deliverables comply with coding and testing standards using GIT and Maven.
- Assess requirements and translate them to sized work tasks in an effort to reliably schedule deliverables.
- Collaborate with UI/UX developers to provide scalable stack solution of Workflow Tool.
- Build high-quality, clean, scalable and reusable code by enforcing best practices around software engineering architecture and processes (Code Reviews, Unit testing, etc.)
- Work with the product owners to understand detailed requirements and own your code from design, implementation, test automation and delivery of high-quality product to our users.
- Design software that is simple to use to allow customers to extend and customize the functionality to meet their specific needs
- Contribute to the design and implementation of new products and features while also enhancing the existing product suite
To be successful in this role you have:
- 6+ years Experience developing scalable applications with Java.
- Demonstrated experience working with relational databases including development, troubleshooting and performance optimization.
- Experience with troubleshooting difficult production issues e.g. memory leaks, network problems, intermittent failures etc.
- Demonstrated ability to digest high-level requirements, transform them to logical and achievable tasks and deliver a reliable, well tested and scalable product.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Cloud Orchestration/Workflow automation or High Availability.
- Experience in SaaS and/or Cloud Infrastructure development.
- BA/BS in computer science, information systems, or related experience.
- Demonstrated success completing complex projects on time.
- Experience with Test Driven Development principles.
- Experience with data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design, design patterns, and performance/scale considerations
- Experience with any of the modern UI frameworks like Angular, React or Vue
- Analytical and design skills
- Ability to manage projects with material technical risk at a team level
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.