Storage Engineer at DRW
DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
We are seeking a Storage Engineer to deploy and support the firm’s complex storage infrastructure. A storage engineer will be dedicated to providing reliable and flexible data storage services utilized by the entire firm for many business critical activities.
- Deploy and administer storage hardware and software solutions utilizing a variety of third-party vendors.
- Assist with design and architecture decisions with guidance from senior resources
- Manage storage-specific network equipment.
- Conduct performance, capacity and lifecycle planning across the suite of storage products and ensure the environment is meeting the needs of the business.
- Manage backup environment to ensure data integrity and archiving of data critical to the firm.
- Perform problem resolution, root cause analysis, and implement projects to reduce future issues.
- Implement automation and scripting to reduce manual tasks and provide proactive alerting to get ahead of outages.
- Maintain vendor relationships and research and test new/updated technologies.
- Act as point of escalation to other teams for storage-specific knowledge and experience.
- Work with other teams within the organization on hardware specifications, quoting and provisioning.
- Document systems and configurations for ease of support for other members of the team.
- 4+ years of experience deploying, configuring and maintaining a wide variety of storage hardware and software.
- Strong knowledge of data storage and redundancy concepts.
- Knowledge of a variety of server operating systems and their interactions with storage devices (Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac)
- Solid knowledge of and previous experience using scripting technologies (i.e. PowerShell or Python)
- Knowledge of storage-related connectivity protocols and technologies (iSCSI, NFS, fibre channel, SAN, NAS, DAS, etc.) as well as major vendors (NetApp, Nimble, Dell, EMC, etc.)
- Experience with a variety of backup vendors (NetBackup, Veeam, etc.)
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve production issues while making sensible decisions in times of stress.
- Previous experience working in the trading industry a plus
- Experience with various cloud storage service providers a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent documentation and knowledge management skills
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.