SVP Enterprise Technology at Guaranteed Rate
We are looking for an experienced technology leader to work with multiple engineering teams in a self-organizing technology culture in order to drive change throughout mortgage industry!
The Financial technology space "Fintech" is booming and Guaranteed Rate is at the center of it. We are growing like crazy and are one of the most successful Chicago startups. We are focused on automating the mortgage process for consumers. Imagine getting a mortgage with no email, no faxing, no stack of papers in 10 days or less instead of 40 or more! If you have been through the process of buying a home you know how amazing this will be. We are the #5 lender in the country and one of only 2 that is independent (not a bank) so we are in a good spot to win this race. We have already made tremendous strides and we are looking for someone who wants to help us finish the job and disrupt the entire industry.
Who is GR?
Guaranteed Rate is not your typical company and certainly not your typical mortgage company. We are technology driven, have tons of energy and we love what we do – great people and great products alongside our impeccable customer service (83 NPS, unheard of!). We’re in a River North office with exposed brick and duct work, windows we can actually open during the summer. The awesomeness doesn’t end there, we also have:
- Holiday parties? We got’em! Not just major holidays, any holiday….Mardi Gras, Valentine’s Day, St. Paddy’s Day, Opening Day, Boxing Day (for our Canadian employee), Sweetest Day, Groundhog Day, etc..
- Game room, library and white board paint for collaboration – yeah, it’s awesome.
- Access to our free GR nurse practitioner. Psshh who needs a doctor’s appointment when our nurse can do it all? Did we mention the free part?
- 401k with some matching, Blue Cross health care coverage – yup, dental and vision too, short-term disability, life insurance – we got ya covered on this one, legal assistance – for a small monthly fee.
- Oh and did we mention you get a big fat employee discount on the origination fees to get a new mortgage or refinance thru Guaranteed Rate?
So what do we want from you?
We want a leader that is familiar with cutting edge technology and leading the best and the brightest in our field. We have big goals here at GR and we need the best in senior management talent. We are an organization that believes in low hierarchy and self-organization so this must be a passion of yours. We don't empower our employees, with give them real power. You must be able to coach and foster this while providing executive leadership. This requires skill and experience and is incredibly rewarding. As an SVP of Enterprise Technology, you will be responsible for the breadth of our technology organization and goals.
- Partner with tech and business leaders and vendors to identify and implement technology solutions to evolve and support technology operations
- Provide vision, leadership, roadmaps, and direction to establish IT operational services to support a reliable, performant, and resilient infrastructure
- Architect, implement, and maintain a highly available, fault tolerant infrastructure (network and compute) environment
- Visionary approach to technology operations with a sense of practical and efficient in execution
- 15 years+ of experience in a variety of IT functional and leadership roles and a proven track record of leading large, complex IT organization changes