Systems Integrations Engineer at Toast
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Business Systems Architecture and Integration, the Systems Integration Engineer is a multidisciplinary role that designs, architects, develops, and maintains multi-platform integration solutions in support of Toast’s Business Systems and Enterprise strategic initiatives. The Systems Integration Engineer is an adept and creative technologist and solutions provider that will act as a subject matter expert for the numerous application frameworks within the Toast ecosystem and their use in the rapid and effective deployment of integrations for its growing portfolio of products.
As a Systems Integration Engineer you will:
- Implement and maintain new and legacy integrations across numerous platforms.
- Work as an individual contributor on multiple Agile SCRUM teams within Toast to provide integration and development services for strategic initiatives.
- Plan and execute the integration of new applications with existing systems and software.
- Plan and execute the integration of new application integration technology.
- Gather and analyze requirements from business teams and stakeholders to determine integration needs and assess dependencies and risk.
- Develop and automate application end-to-end or unit testing to ensure stability during continuous integration.
- Collaborate on the development and maintenance of a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline for Salesforce.com.
- Identify platform issues and craft technical resolutions and communication plans to remedy.
- Assess business processes at operational level, provide recommendations and potential RPA solutions for individual process and process integration.
- Design and configure new RPA processes and objects in the RPA tool by adopting design principles driving high reusability, maintainability and scalability.
- Develop RPA bots to optimize automation.
- Deploy RPA robots and implement end-to-end process automation.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, enterprise architects and IT colleagues on various project phases.
- Design, develop and configure robotic process automations per business process and requirements documentation.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience working on an Agile SCRUM or Kanban team
- 1+ year iPaaS or ETL experience
- 1+ years of experience with Automation Anywhere
- Experience with AWS services: EC2, S3
- Experience working with REST, XML and JSON
- Strong Understanding of data manipulation and distribution
- Test Driven Development
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent version control and QA skills
- Familiarity with object oriented programming and enterprise design patterns
Bonus ingredients (a pinch of salt):
- Experience with Workato or similar iPaaS
- Experience with any of the following Enterprise Applications (Salesforce, Netsuite, Workday, ServiceNow)
- Familiar working in a test driven development environment