Systems Reliability Engineer
Title: Systems Reliability Engineer
Our Systems Reliability Engineers are the stewards of our trading systems, balancing a safe, orderly production environment with profitability and sustainable growth. Your responsibility is to stay ahead of the complexity inherent in scaling a distributed system that handles over half a million correlated financial instruments across multiple data centers and thousands of servers, all the while striving for simplicity and operational excellence.
Technology at Optiver:
Our engineers work closely with traders to identify the business problems we face and determine how they should be solved. We apply a disciplined and scientific approach. We engineer simple, well-architected solutions that meet the dynamic needs of our traders. Our passion is to solve problems which really matter to the business, and we take pride in the quality of our solutions.
What you'll do:
• Deploy, monitor, and configure a suite of proprietary of trading applications
• Provide technical expertise and support to a high frequency trading floor in a competitive market-making environment
• Develop fluency with existing systems, infrastructure, and procedures and proactively improve them
• Intelligently automate while maintaining firm human control
• Script against configuration files, databases, and logs
• Work with development to ensure the health and stability of the production trading environment
• Continually drive production systems toward cleanliness, simplicity, and reliability
• Track and solve issues as part of a fast-paced results driven set of IT teams
What you'll need:
• Bachelor’s degree in CS or related technical field
• Experience scripting in Python, Ruby, or Perl
• Experience with SQL and data administration
• Experience with operating systems and understanding of network architectures
• Knowledge of trading exchanges and financial instruments is not required
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver’s story began over 30 years ago, when we started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s options exchange. Today, we are at the forefront of trading and technology as a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. With over 1,000 employees globally and 200 in our Chicago office, our mission to improve the market unites us.