Team Lead Engineer - .NET / Seamless
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 85,000 restaurants and over 15.6 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
GrubHub is hiring for an Engineering Team Lead to provide technical and architectural leadership for our Seamless .NET Corporate platform. This role will have a team of Engineers reporting to you. You will be in charge of the ongoing development, maintenance, and improvement of one of our key systems. You will help to ensure our Corporate Diners are able to easily order from their favorite restaurants in the way they have been accustomed to for years.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Become the key-contact for site stability, performance, and routine maintenance of the platform.
- Conduct direct-report’s performance-reviews, 1x1’s, and personal development.
- Lead common Agile ceremonies: daily stand-ups, grooming, planning, and retrospectives.
- Communicate effectively with leadership, product owners, other technologists - ensuring these stakeholders are aware of what is happening with the corporate platform.
- Understand our products from both a technical and business perspective in the context of our larger business.
You Should Have
- Experience managing Development teams (3+ years)
- Expert Understanding (5+ years) of C#, ASP.Net, and the .NET ecosystem, including:
- application configuration
- connection pooling
- session-state management
- performance-tuning and optimization
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server development, design, and tuning, including:
- stored-procedure and view management
- index and partition optimization
- database profiling
- Familiarity with big-data solutions for log management/aggregation (Splunk or similar technology)
- Extensive experience with unit, functional, and end-to-end testing frameworks
- Experience Building Highly-Available/Fault-Tolerant applications
- Comfortable with leading and teaching Agile software development methodologies
- Desire to work in a fast paced, tech, and product oriented company
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.