Team Lead Engineering - Enterprise Integrations at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 21.2 million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 140,000 restaurants in 2,700 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Lead the team that builds out new features for our Enterprise brands to facilitate onboarding more restaurants onto the Grubhub platform. Work on defining and leading a team to build features that enable our largest brands (McDonalds and KFC to name a few) to integration with the Grubhub business. The individual will work closely with various technology team to align engineering resources with the feature roadmap, architect, design and build services that interact with the Grubhub order processing platform and own the process for how restaurant data and orders flow through the platform.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Lead and coach a team of senior and junior engineers tasked with delivering flexible and scalable features to Grubhub restaurants.
- Craft a meaningful vision for the team, working in concert with product managers and other multi-location technology teams. Guide the team as you build out features across many services that impact many of the Grubhub brands.
- Work with product and business leaders to determine the roadmap and deliverables.
- Build a diverse team while fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment
- Build and utilize metrics to analyze features as they are deployed to Production to ensure they are functioning as expected and properly alerting when necessary.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices and new technologies
- Learning a large domain of the Grubhub domain, from order taking, order processing, to delivery and restaurant management. This team delivery features that impact a large segment of the business.
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field or equivalent
- 7+ years experience building highly-scalable consumer-facing applications(e-commerce preferred)
- 2+ years in a leadership capacity or 5+ years experience with leadership responsibilities
- Provides mentorship and coaching on career growth and development in a formal setting
- Manages a team of Engineers and provides mentorship and coaching on career growth for People Management responsibility
- Java, C#, or a similar modern object-oriented language
- Experience architecting, designing and developing testable, fault tolerant, and performant software
- AWS experience, or similar cloud-based offerings.
- Automated testing experience applicable for services (Junit/testing, Mockito + Jmeter/Gatling.io)
- Familiarity with eventually consistent databases (Cassandra/MongoDB/CouchDB), distributed and or relational databases is desired
- Familiarity or experience with Docker, or similar containerized solutions and Mesos or Kubernetes is a plus.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.