Team Lead Engineering - Enterprise Order Taking at Grubhub
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
As the Team Lead of the Enterprise Order Taking team, you will be responsible for the systems, engineers, and tools that coordinate communication between our enterprise restaurants and platforms and the GrubHub core order taking and processing systems. You will work with other Order Taking and Order Processing team and tech leads to streamline integration of new enterprises, maintain testing standards, reliability, and resiliency within our platform, generalize and abstract functionality to enable code reuse, and coordinate on efforts to reach feature parity and integrate 3rd party back end systems into GrubHub.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Build and manage a talented engineering team.
- Take technical responsibility for a family of systems - build new services and functionality, manage technical debt, be on the lookout for opportunities for platform improvement, and work with system engineers to increase the scale our production systems will operate at while performing at their peak
- Work with product, tech, and business leaders to determine the roadmap and deliverables for the enterprise order taking suite of services.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, software development lifecycle best practices, and new technologies. Be a leader within your team and the organization.
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field
- 7+ years experience building highly-scalable applications
- 2+ years in a leadership capacity or 5+ years experience with leadership responsibilities
- Experience with distributed systems
- Ability to manage a team of engineers while providing mentorship and coaching to further career growth and development in a formal setting
- Extensive experience with Java, C#, or a similar modern object-oriented language
- Experience architecting, designing, and developing testable, fault-tolerant, and performant software
- AWS experience or experience similar cloud-based offerings.
- Automated and unit testing experience applicable to our stack (Junit/testing, Mockito + Jmeter/Gatling.io)
- Familiarity with eventually consistent databases (Cassandra/MongoDB/CouchDB), distributed, and/or relational databases is desired
- Familiarity or experience with Docker or similar containerized solutions
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.