OneMain is the largest non-bank lender in the United States and a leading consumer finance company.
One of our critical and highly visible initiatives is building and scaling industry-leading lending digital applications and experiences for our customers. We’re seeking a Team Lead to oversee, guide, nurture and grow a talent team of Ruby engineers with a hands-on approach.
The ideal candidate understands how to balance a desire for perfectionism with the need for pragmatism. You will integrate with and leverage our existing systems as you help build solutions.
You’ll contribute to the success of the team by mentoring, guiding and advocating for your team and by ensuring we deliver sound features at the leading edge of digital lending at a consistent pace. Your team will innovate, adapt, and build lasting and scalable solutions from scratch.
What we will want you to do:
- Break down projects into reasonable MVPs
- Represent and advocate for your team as a leader
- Ensuring projects remain aligned to broader goals and values
- Keeping a consistent cadence of code reviews and team meetings
- Ensure our production applications are stable and operating as expected
- Guide engineers along their career paths and provide feedback
- Identify and address bottlenecks early
- Participate in engineering and day-to-day activities of your team to provide hands-on insights
- Contribute to our strategic technology planning
Skills or Experience we want you to have:
- At least 4 years of leading and managing engineering teams in an agile environment
- Ability to interface with and influence other technical teams in support of broader goals
- At least 3 years of Ruby on Rails or Python experience
- Experience in guiding development of observable systems with robust metrics and alerts
- Overseeing build and consumption of RESTful APIs
- Ability to navigate in a nimble environment and drive success in unknown territory
At OneMain, we understand that for our team members to be their best, they need the right opportunities and benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package for full-time and some part-time employees includes health and well-being options for team members and dependents, up to 4% matching 401(k), tuition reimbursement, continuing education, incentive pay, paid time off, paid volunteer time and more.
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company. With nearly 1,600 branches across 44 states, we proudly offer safe, affordable and transparent installment loans to millions of hard-working people. Our customers turn to us to meet important financial needs, including debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. OneMain is constantly innovating to serve customers when, where and how they want by investing in our technical digital capabilities. Our steadfast commitment to doing the right thing extends to our customers, our employees and the communities where we live and work – a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description