TECH LEAD, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, CHICAGO
YOU’LL BUILD TECH THAT EMPOWERS GLOBAL BUSINESSES
We use cutting edge technology and industry-leading data science to tackle some of the hardest problems in marketing science. We’re automating our models with artificial intelligence and machine learning to produce the same quality insights as a traditional white-glove consulting engagement at unparalleled speed and scale.
As a Tech Lead, you’ll be responsible for empowering a team of smart, highly skilled technologists who are passionate about learning and prototyping cutting-edge technologies. Right now our platform is based in Python, Dockers, Scala Flask, BigData, Kubernetes, Spark, Airflow, MLflow, and TensorFlow. We value CI/CD in everything that we develop. Our team is co-located and agile, with central technology hubs in Chicago, Madrid, and Chennai.
Intelligence Studio is a horizontally scalable, cross-cloud technology-agnostic platform built with trusted open source components. This self-service, data science platform solution connects in with partners in a shared ecosystem, scales by usage, and has the building blocks to help our data scientists and clients move from creation to deployment of a data science project, at scale.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage a small team of full-stack and/or back-end Python developers
- Lead your team in the architecture, design, and development of highly available, low latency, cloud-native applications
- Conduct code reviews, troubleshoot, and ensure your team’s adherence to the highest level of quality in writing complex, maintainable code to develop scalable, flexible, and user-friendly applications
- Manage cross-functional team members and stakeholders throughout projects of varying scope and complexity
WE’RE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE:
- Great foundational leadership skills, including experience managing a small team of technologists
- Strong fundamentals in back-end or full-stack engineering, with proficiency in Python
- Building software and integrations in a cloud-based Microservices environment for Big Data applications
- Ability to conduct code reviews, troubleshoot code and direct architecture & design decisions
- Exceptional project management skills, with experience managing projects of varying scope and scale, preferably in an agile environment
- Excellent English communication skills, with the ability to effectively interface across cross-functional technology teams and the business
- Minimum B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
ABOUT NIELSEN We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.